Chapter Fourteen ~ The End of Something Wonderful, Someone Special

Chapter Fourteen

The End of Something Wonderful, Someone Special

            “…She’s bound to wake up sooner or later, right Mum?”

“If she doesn’t wake up within the next few hours, I’ll call Poppy Pomfrey…we’re old friends…she wont tell anyone about Adalyn.”

“Our dirty little secret-ouch!”

There was the sound of someone hitting two heads with a thick book, and then hurried shushing. Adalyn wanted to open her eyes, but they were so heavy, and she was still sleepy…

“Will you two shut up?” she mumbled, turning her head to the side and opening her eyes sluggishly “I could hear you all the way in dream land.”

“Ada!” the twins cried together, hugging her tightly “We thought you’d never wake up,” said George, grinning wildly as their mother shooed them away. Looking around, Adalyn realized she was at the Burrow, in the twins’ old room.

“Yeah, you were practically dead. You barely moved!” agreed Fred, his grin matching his twins.

“Out, both of you!” Mrs. Weasley said “Adalyn has had a rough few days; she doesn’t need you two putting her back into a coma!”

“Please don’t go!” cried Adalyn, trying to sit up. Mrs. Weasley pushed her back down with a stern look “I…I missed you guys.”

“Would you care to tell us were you’ve been missing us, young lady?” Mrs. Weasley said crossly, but tears filled her kind eyes, letting her twins and honorary daughter know she wasn’t really cross with them “We’ve been worried sick this past month; no letters, no note-nothing to let us know that you were even alive!” obviously Mrs. Weasley was quiet upset, as she sniffed and told Adalyn she would bring her some hot soup and not to move around to much.

Bowing her head, Adalyn’s heart filled with guilt “I’m sorry guys…I didn’t meant to scare you.”

Fred and George sat on opposite sides of her bed, each taking one of her hands “We’re just glad we found you, Ada.” Fred said quietly, eyes cast downward.

“We’ve been looking all over for you, to were we thought you might be. A few days ago George and I went to look for you at Grimmauld Place, and took a shortcut through the park…”

“And there you were.”

George squeezed her hand tightly, portraying just how much they had worried over her “You were so white, Ada…”

“Like a corpse,” Fred squeezed her hand, too, and Adalyn had never loved them more.

“Thank you,” she said, tears slipping down her cheeks and landing with a soft plop on the sheets of the bed. “I had a choice...and you two helped me make it.”