Sneak Peek at: "The One That Lied ~ Book Two in The One Series"

Sneak Peek at:

The One That Lied ~ Book Two in The One Series”

            The street lights were dim as a young woman walked down the street, a slight breeze blowing her long dark hair. On her hip sits a girl of about two, sucking her thumb; bright green eyes stare up at the woman, who kisses the little girls forehead before opening the gate into a small garden teeming with life.

“Momma?” the little girl whispered “Momma, I’m sleepy.” She muttered, resting her head on her mothers shoulder.

“I know love; just hold on for a little while longer, alright? Momma and you are going to meet someone special, alright?” the toddler nodded and continued to suck her thumb. The woman felt nerves knot her stomach like cats cradle as she walked slowly up the path to the blue door; the house was brick and warm light spilled from its windows and into the garden. Taking a deep breathe, she knocked and stepped back slightly as footsteps could be heard.

The door opened and a familiar face appeared, handsome but older; it still took her breathe away to set eyes upon him, even after nearly four years. “Hello Harry,” she whispered.

“Adalyn?” Harry choked on her name, eyes devouring her face “What are you doing here?” his eyes fell upon the little black haired girl whose face was buried in Adalyn’s shoulder with curiosity “Who’s that?”

“This Harry,” said Adalyn as the little girl peeked at him with her bright green eyes identical to his own “Is Syrie. Your daughter.”

A/N: Sooooo? Thoughts anyone? I would love to know if anyone saw that coming! Did anyone? Anyone at all? 

Or am I just REALLY predictable...?

Rose<3

 P.S Click on the external link to go to the prologue of TOTL :)