5. Surprisingly

I tap my watch, revealing that it was only 8:30. Still early.
The boys left to find the restroom, leaving me with the bubbly Flor.

"Oh my goodness. Did you see the way Nando & I look at each other? It's like we're meant to be." She licks her lips, her eyes full of hope. "Carmen..." She beams with joy.

I didn't want the one to break her heart (again), but hey, happens to everyone sometime.

I sigh. "Flor, you already know he has a girlfriend. And I don't know how happy she would be with this." I say, resting my chin on the palm of my hand, twirling my fork. She looks at me with her ice cold blue eyes.

"He does? Haha, no way. Please tell me you're kidding." Her voice does a little crack, and you can tell she was nervous.

"Nope, remember on the bus?" I say, waving my phone in her face. She suddenly had this look of disbelief.

"Right.." She rolls her eyes, and then rests her head on her hand. "But why are all the attractive guys taken?" She scoffs and I shrug. She bops her head towards the direction of the boys, as they return. Nando and Oscar walk back over, and Oscar had the same face Flor had on, of disappointment. This dinner had just gone downhill, but I wanted it to get better.
With some cheesecake.

Flor and Nando were beyond drunk. While Oscar and I didn't even make eye contact. I scrolled on my phone all night, and my phone was on 10%. Might as well leave.

Oscar twiddled with his fingers, keeping his eyes on the new power couple. They made me want to barf.

"So are you guys done ehating each other? I'm tired." Oscar asked, with an annoyance in his voice. He basically spoke my thoughts.

Thanks, i guess.
They snickered, continued 'canoodling', and I was sick of them too. I decided that it was time to go.
I slide out of my chair, instead of just being rude and leaving. I got under the table to pull off my flats, and suddenly Oscar joined me. He slides under the table, his knees were up to his baby nose, and he seemed very uncomfortable.

"Let's go somewhere, yeah?" He whispers, crouching down in front of me.

I nod, even if I didn't like the kid. I just wanted a reason to leave.

Oscar pulls me out of the restaurant, squeezing my hand. If only he wasn't..

"Dart out the front entrance, they're too drunk to notice." He says, leaving the check for the new couple. Oscar looked so spiffy and cute, but he was clearly not available so I can't say that. Can't tap something that isn't mine. I can think it all I pleased, though.

We started walking on the sidewalk. The night was chilly and the stars decided to stay in tonight.
It was silence up until Oscar broke it.

"Tell me more about yourself, Carmen." Oscar says, putting his hands in his pockets.

"There's not much to know, we've gone over this.. Ha." I snicker to myself, and he chuckles.

"C'mon. There's gotta be something. For example," He clears his throat. "Don't laugh, promise me." His eyes meet mine, and his hand reaches out to me.
"Haha, I promise." I grab his, and quickly let go.
"So, I am terrified of turtles." His face went a shade of pink and pretty sure it went hot too.

"Turtles? Dude." I laugh really hard, and he smiles softly at me.
"Your turn." He smirks, allowing the crinkles by his eyes to peek a bit.
"I don't have anything weird, just besides that you're famous and I'm average." I say, keeping my eyes on my legs, walking on the cold concrete.
"It's not weird. I'm dati- was dating," He coughs, then lets out a giggle. "Someone 'average' as you say. I'm not famous for being attractive. I just happen to be great at football." His eyes rest on me, eyeing my whole body. "Oh, but looks are a bonus, huh?" I laugh, and his face is pink, revealed by the white light the moon gives off.

We eventually learned that both of us are stupid, but in a good way. Maybe too good.
He walks towards the curb, taking a seat.
"I'm pooped. How do you think those kids are doin'?" He smiles at me, looking back towards the restaurant (Which wasn't too far now.)
"Hopefully not digesting each other.." I roll my eyes and plant my bottom next to him on the curb.
Suddenly, Oscars' eyes widen as a white BMW stops in front of us.
"Oscar?"