The Cullens Meets Bella and a Ball Game

[Diane's outfit above]

When Bella and Edward arrived, the first thing they heard was Diane playing a song on the piano and humming along to it as she did so while the other Cullens either cooked or hunted. 

Rosalie had to admit that Diane was a better piano player than Edward, but that was mainly because she was around two thousand years old, if not older. Diane paid no attention to the words being said in the kitchen, but she was brought out of her piano playing trance as she heard Edward's voice.

"I told them not to do this." Bella and Edward walk into the living room/kitchen to find the kitchen in full swing. Carlisle, Emmett, Rosalie, and Esme were cooking Italian food. When Esme sees them two, she stops and speaks. "Bella. We're making Italiano for you."

"This is Esme, my mother for all intents and purposes." Edward introduced the two women who have not yet met.

"Bon giorno?" Bella asks, trying to impress Esme.

"Molto bene!" Esme's clearly impressed. Diane looked to Rosalie, who looked back at her and they both simultaneously rolled their eyes.

"You've given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the time." Carlisle said with a smile.

"And I don't? I still eat, you know." Diane said as she drew their attention. Rosalie had a hint of a smile, and Diane smiled to show that she was joking before the attention went back to the human. She looked over to the human as well. Veins appeared underneath Diane's eyes and she stood up and backed up a step. "Carlisle, I'm stealing one of your blood bags." With that, Diane vamp sped to where Carlisle kept his blood bags and took one to drink after determining that it was human blood.

When she came back, she looked more at ease. Alice, Jasper and Scott soon came in. Alice went straight to Bella and hugged her. "Hi Bella! I'm Alice. You do smell good." Alice said after pulling away from the human. Jasper wrapped his arms around Diane and leaned down to nuzzle her neck. Diane just smiled as she tuned out what they were saying until she heard Bella say Jasper's name.

"Doesn't Diane have a heartbeat? Why isn't Jasper affected by it?" Edward looked to Jasper and Diane, who raised an eyebrow at the human.

"Diane does have a heartbeat, yes and Jasper is affected by it, but they're mates. They couldn't hurt each other even if they tried to." Diane soon went back to ignoring them until the human was gone. Jasper soon relaxed by breathing in Diane's scent. She looked back at him and grabbed his hand to take him to his room, soon to be their room as soon as it was her birthday. Once they were in his room, she spoke. "Did you know that an Immortal is practically just an enhanced human who lives forever and cannot be killed?" Jasper shook his head. She smiled then. "Apparently, that means that I can have children, but I never tried to see if that information is true. Also, you can be turned into my type of vampire. Just say the word. You already have my blood flowing in you. Just say the word, and I'll snap your neck and you'll be turned into a hybrid like me. Being warm, not sparkling in the sun, having a heart beat, being able to control your thirst easier. The offer is wide open to your entire family as well. It won't get rid of your alter ego or your gifts, though." "I'll think about it, darlin'." Jasper said as he hugged her. She smiled then before she walked out onto the wide balcony.

Jasper walked out behind her and placed a few kisses onto her shoulder. She smiled then before she stiffened slightly. Then she looked at Jasper, just as Alice stepped in.

"A thunderstorm is coming!" Alice seemed excited and Jasper smiled as he looked to Diane. "Let's play some baseball." Diane smiled and spoke. "Everyone, meet in the living room. You all need to know something, and I'd much rather you all finding out now than later." Jasper seemed confused, but he followed her to the living room and soon, everyone was in the living room, Bella included.