Love At A Distance Chapter 1

Hey!!! I decided to go ahead and post a new story!! My friend helped me write this, so some of the credit goes to her!!! It would be great if ya'll could give me some feedback on it!!!

Chapter 1

School was a drag. 800 people made up Lincoln High school. and they had your usual cliques, jocks, preps, Goths', nerds and so on. Me? I didn't fit into any of those categories. I was just me. My best friend Danielle Marie and no I don't call her Danielle for short, she hates it when people call her Danielle, but when I'm not around her I call her Dani. She's the schools hottest prep. Yeah i know what your thinking, me? The girl who doesn't fit in, best friends with a prep? Its crazy I know, but in all truth she's nice. You just have to see past her preppy side.

I walked to my locker, which just happened to be on the other side of the building, away from all of my classes. When I got there, I put in my combination and opened it. I grabbed my biology and history book and then I shut it.

"Isabella!" Danielle Marie squealed.

"Hey." I said, smiling.

"Guess what happened?" She said, practically bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"What?" I asked, calmly.

"Logan Asked me out!" She squealed excitedly.

Logan Sanders was the quarterback for the football team and he also happened to be on of the hottest guys in school. He was an arrogant jerk and only cared about himself. At least that was my opinion of him. I'm sure Danielle Marie had a different opinion of him.

"That's great." I told her smiling.

"I know! He's like so hot!" She exclaimed, grabbing my arm and pulling me down the hall with her.

"Uh, yeah...." I told her.

I didn't agree with her. Guys and me didn't mix well. I'd never had a boyfriend, more or less had my first kiss.

"Don't you agree." She asked.

"Well...Danielle Marie, You know how I am with guys... " I said.

"Yeah, yeah." She said.

We both went our separate ways at the end of the hall. I was on my way to biology and Dani was on her way to chemistry. She may be a prep but she's smart, that's for sure.

***

The rest of the day flew by in a breeze and before I knew it, it was time to go home. I made my way down the sidewalk, watching the cars whiz past me. I made my way down my street and went down the path that led to my house. I walked in the front door and felt the cool air hit me full force. It was hot outside so I didn't mind.

I made my way up to my room and threw my bag on my bed. I pulled out my phone and laid it by my computer. I turned on my computer and waited for it to spring to life. When it did, I logged onto my normal chat room as Sk8rprincess16. I watched the people talk back and forth. No, I'm not one of those people who just get on looking for a boyfriend. Actually I'm not sure why I get on, It's a habit I guess.

I closed my eyes, running the days past events in my head. Dani was dating Logan now. So she would probably be spending less time with me. Not that she spent that much time with me anyway, but we did spend some time together. She was my best friend.

I sighed and focused my attention back onto my computer. I looked at the list of the different types of chat rooms that were listed. I hadn't been to all of them, just a couple. I signed onto one of the newer ones and sat there. I typed a 'Hi' Into the box at the bottom of the screen, waiting for someone to respond.