5. son of a priest

Alice POV~

We follow Carlisle back home. As we enter we see the two vampires from the woods standing in front of Esme and Rosalie.

"I guess it's time for proper introductions." Carlisle states.

"Calissa, I'd like to introduce you to my family. Alice, Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie. And my mate Esme. There are two more of us but they are enjoying their honeymoon at the moment" He introduces pointing us out.

"Lovely to meet you all. I'm Calissa Mercado and this is my mate, Marco DaRossa." She introduces herself and the man with her.

"If you don't mind me asking, Calissa, Carlisle, where do you know each other from?" Marco questions.

"I don't mind. Do you remember the story of how I was turned?" Calissa asks him.

"Yes you helped the son of a priest in his search for vampires and when you found them you and the son were bitten. He hid with you keeping both himself and you quite. You both turned and ran far away so you wouldn't be tempted to taste human blood. You tried killing yourself when one night you both were so hungry and crazed that when a pack of deer ran by you attacked and regained your strength." He resides the story told to him.

I look at Carlisle. Was this the girl from the story? The one that was his best friend?

"Yes, now meet Carlisle the son of the priest." She says smiling at Carlisle.

"Sadly we parted ways for the brief time I joined the volturi." Carlisle says mostly to Calissa.

"You have to admit, they were creepy. They still are." Calissa state.

"I have to agree." I state with a smile.

"They were the first sophisticated vampires I met. But you are right." Carlisle states.

"I always am Carl." She says with a victorious smile.

I look between them and ask the question that was really bothering me. "What happened between you two and Jayden? You're his brother right Marco?"

"It's a long story." Marco sights.

"But considering he is after someone you care deeply about, you deserve to know." Calissa adds.

"It was 55 years ago. He had been out partying and my father wanted him home. He sent me out to look for my little brother, get him home." Marco begins his story. We make ourselves comfortable to listen.

"I went to all clubs in the city and I was on my way to the last club when I got jumped. People knew who I was, one of the wealthy DaRossa's. I tried to defend myself but it was no use. They left me in an alley. I was as good as dead when I saw an angel of sorts appear. She told me she was sorry for what happened to me." He smiles lovingly at Calissa.

"The I looked in her golden eyes and I was lost. 'if this is the last thing I see before dying, I'll die smiling.' I thought. But that was not what happened. I heard her apologise before a burning sensation started spreading trough me. Days of torture later I wake up in a, to me, new world. The first thing I saw was the angel from the alley."

"For 5 years I kept an eye on my mourning family, Jayden had his own way of mourning my 'dead', he went partying drinking mire then ever before." He looks sad at the memory.

"On one fatal night, he got into a fight over nothing. In his drunken state he tried to take on four guys, one by one they were bigger and stronger then him. I admid he put on a good fight always one step ahead of the man, but as they all attacked at once they got the upper hand. They beat him senseless. They left him out on the streets, bleeding." He looks like he's about to burst put crying if he could.