Prologue

I could not move my head or body. I was involuntarily frozen, like a statue. I could see what's in front of me, and only what's in front of me, there stood a pitch black figure, looming over me.

It's shadow enveloped me as I felt my breathing quicken. It was tall, so tall that I could only see it's legs and the tips of the wings that were as dark as the abyss.

I was beyond terrified to look up as it slowly but leisurely moved closer, until right next to my bed. I felt the bed dip beside me but I could not do a single shit.

I tried to scream but all I could produce was a low growl sound. The atmosphere was suffocating, I felt cold perspiration trickle down my back, chest feeling heavy as if there were a ton of bricks weighing down on it.

I felt someone stroke my head lovingly, hair being ruffled around messily. My heart nearly jumped out of my throat. I was on the verge of collapsing due to fright.

It then talked.

"You'll be fine," it said, "It's only a matter of time before they die anyways." It's voice was deep and predator-like, but it's tone felt, almost unbelievably comforting...in a sense. It's words strangely calmed down my thumping heart.

I then felt myself being laid down and tucked into bed, like a little kid again, and with that it vanished.

After that, a few months had passed and I had sleep paralysis once more. The same figure was there again, standing at the end of my bed.

At this time, my depression had faded away, and I was beginning to act like a normal person again.

I had to remind myself countless times that it wasn't real, but, there was a gut instinct gnawing away at me that there may be a possibility of the entity being real.

I couldn't help but gulp in fear as I saw it's towering form. I observed the figure as it approached me, closer and closer. It's face was a blurry and distorted mess, as if it didn't allow me to view its face.

I tried to speak but I could only talk in my head. 'Who are you..?' I tried to utter, but no words came out.

"See?" The figure gently spoke when it came closer. "It's over...," It sounded funny, like it was dissolving away slowly. "finally..." It was faint...and then, in an blink of an eye, the dark shadow disappeared.