He lurks

Popcorn and Butterfly sat next to each other, silent. The babbling of a near by stream could be heard from where they sat.

"So, was it a prank?" Butterfly asked nervously.

"She seemed so upset...."
Popcorn responded, "no, that wouldn't have happened if it were a prank".

"Well that's good news, right-"

"Do you think she trusts us?"

Butterfly looked at her friend, her eyes were becoming slightly red. Popcorn didn't often cry but, when she did, you'd instantly know something was wrong.

"Well definitely not me, I wouldn't trust me either. I don't see why she wouldn't trust you though" she joked slightly.

"But I trust you" Popcorn said.

They were quiet again.

"Pop, what's wrong?" Butterfly asked.

"She was so upset! Did she not want to tell us?.....Do you think it was out of pity?" Tears glossed over  Popcorn's eyes.

"Pop-"

"Does she pity us?!" The salty drops streamed down her face now. Butterfly just sat there and stared.
She didn't know what to do. She laughed.

"Are you serious?"

Popcorn stared, confused at her statement.

"Pop, she doesn't pity you! You were the first person to find out about her pregnancy. The first! Poppy wouldn't do something like that out of pity".

"Do ya think?"

"Of course! And you know what?"

"Hmm?"

"We're gonna throw a party!"

"But Butterfly! She told us, the village can't-"

"The village won't know it's for celebrating her pregnancy. We'll call it uhhhh, wedding party!"

"A wedding party?" Pop said, not amused.

"Yeah! To celebrate Poppy and Branch getting married, ya know. Kinda like a last hoorah for both of them being single and the village only having a queen. Is this confusing?"

"No, no...I kinda get it now. Just a party. A big, loud, crazy party".

"Exactly!". Popcorn smiled at the idea, "would that make you feel better?" Her friend asked.

She took a deep breath, "Yeah, yeah it would".

"Good" Butterfly hugged her friend.

  A male troll chuckled in the distance, "a party you say? Perfect" his Australian accent lingered in the air as he headed back to the village.

Yay! An update! Hope you liked it. And thank you SO much for 300 views! Luv y'all stay tuned!