A Change In Story (Draco)

An: considering making this a book but that would be a lot of effort and idk if you'd want it- ps Yellow_420 this is the thing I randomly gasped about the other day 😂😂

You laughed, smiling at Ron and Hermionie, only to be somewhat rudely interrupted.

"So it's true then, what they're saying on the train." You paused, turning to look at the blonde boy who had called nearly everyone's attention. "___ Potter has come to Hogwarts."

"____ Potter?" Came the whispers, making you wonder how so many people knew your name. You pushed a strand of hair of of your face, unknowingly revealing your scar. You weren't terribly nervous yet, but spending your whole life under a staircase had given you a number of issues to deal with.

"This is Crabb, and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy." The boy pushed off the wall and came to stand infront of me with a smile. He stood on the step above you, so you had to look up to meet his ocean blue eyes. "Draco, Malfoy."

"Draco?" You breathed to yourself.

"Pft-" Ron snorted, making Draco's smile instantly drop as he whipped to face the ginger.

"Think my name is funny do you?" He spat at Ron, cocking a brow in obvious accusation. "No need to ask you yours. Red hair, hand-me-down robes."  Draco looked Ron up and down, sizing him up with an arrogance you'd become unfortunately accustomed to. "You must be a Weasley."

"You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter." You gulped, catching his gaze back on you. Ron looked angry and Hermione disgusted, all because Draco defended his honor? Albeit harshly, but it was because Ron offended him first... right? "You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort."

"Wrong sort?" You, once again, breathed silently to yourself.

"I can help you there." He smirked, holding out a perfect hand for you to shake. You looked down at it with furrowed brows.

Ron was your friend, and it was rude of Draco to say such nasty things to him. But Ron had laughed at Draco's name before he even had the chance to meet the boy, as far as you were concerned. You looked up and adjusted your glasses, unfurrowing your brows.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." You spoke evenly, making Draco pull a disgusted look and begin to lower his hand. You took hold of it before he could, and offered him a warm smile. "Would you like to be my friend, Draco?"

His face instantly brightened, only to drop slightly as the scary woman in green cane back. She tapped him on the shoulder with her rolled up paper and you promptly pulled Draco into line by your side. Ron scoffed but you quickly grabbed his hand too, giving him the same smile.

"We're ready for you now." The tall woman announced, and your face instantly fell into fear.

"I can believe you just befriended Malfoy." Ron spat, but you hushed him and reminded him you would gladly tell his mother of his behavior during the Holliday she had invited you to.

"Are you afraid?" Draco asked when you turned back around, slowly shuffling into the huge room of tables with the rest of the children.

"I'm definitely not in my element." You sighed shakily, making Draco smirk once more. He gave your hand a light squeeze, drawing your eyes up to his.

"Your the famous ___ Potter, you must have gone through this sort of thing since you were a baby." He laughed, making you shake your head.

"Actually no." You smiled nervously, the feeling of dread and anxiousness settling in your gut. "I didn't even know magic existed until yesterday, but I don't know if that's because I literally lived in a closet or because my aunt and uncle are extremely Anti-Magic."