[CHAPTER 2] He Lost Her.

WILL

It was my fault, it was my fault that she's now dead.

I DROVE TO THE HOSPITAL, tears streaming from my eyes as I ran. It was — too late. As they announced that Chloe was now in a critical condition. I couldn't believe my eyes. I sat on the bench near her room, crying and so lost in my thoughts.

Why and what happened? It all began in an argument.

——————flashback——————

No William, I wasn't cheating on you!

WHO DO I BELIEVE? It was a hard ride for when this argument had happened, a week before our actual wedding — I saw her with someone else.

He was tall; had dark brown hair quite shorter than my long, luscious hair; the same blue eyes just like mine and had glasses. You can imagine him as your typical fanfiction nerd, but he was far more different. He and Chloe would hold hands in the park, and flirt with each other. I didn't seem to mind it, thinking that they're just friends. Only when she told me to cancel our wedding, I had to react.

"Is it because of him, Chloe?" I muttered, my eyes looking down to the floor — not meeting hers.

"Him?"

"Yes, him Chloe! That guy you've been walking down in the park almost every week. Is that why?"

"Look, you're taking this the wrong way — he's not—"

"Then what is he? What is he that you are so distant to me? What is he that you can't tell your label? What is he that you keep telling me about him, that all your life your mouth is filled with nothing but him? Why is he so perfect to you that you remember his birthday than you remember mine? WHAT IS HE TO YOU THAT I FEEL LIKE I'M THE THIRD PARTY IN THIS RELATIONSHIP?" I growled, I couldn't take my emotions anymore, my jealousy is way too powerful.

"The problem with you is that you're too insecure! Why can't you appreciate me for once? What I do for you, that I'm here?" Chloe roared back, her expression was filled with pain and anger. Thus, making me soft.

"Then wh—"

"No William, I wasn't cheating on you! You were just — you weren't the Will Ryan I loved before." Chloe walked out from the house, leaving me in tears. I wasn't enough for her, it was late for me to settle it all.

Unless, it was not.

"Chloe!" I called, I followed her downstairs — though she already has taken her car keys. I grabbed mine and followed her car.

It was rainy, and dark. My vision was getting blurry from my tears as they fall, but it did not stop me from following Chloe. She was taking sharp turns, but for one split second — my world fell apart.

——————present——————

Mr. Ryan, I'm so sorry.

"No, Chloe!" I called as her heartbeat continues to slow down. I called every doctor and nurse, every staff member. They start reviving her, tears fell upon my eyes. Don't give up now Chloe. Please...

PUMP.

And PUMP.

beep!

All hopes were lost, s-she's—

"Time of death; 8:47pm, August 5, 2xxx"

"Mr. Ryan, I'm so sorry." The doctor called, police started to come towards me. I was losing my shit. "Why? WHY? Why didn't you do your best? Revive her now, please!"

"Mr. Ryan, they can't do anything now! She's gone, please just—"

"Babe, babe please — live for me!" My eyes were filled with tears. They can't do anything about it. It was all because of me. I was never enough for her sight, I could've done better.

——————back-to-flashback——————

It was when it happened. My heart was numb, I couldn't feel anything as I saw her car crumple like paper. As she was moving at average speed, whoosh! another car flew in her path. Making her car slide in the slippery road, bumping towards the nearest tree. The tree was big and old, which made Chloe's car get all the force that it had from the bump. The other car was not that damaged, but the driver was in a bloody mess as well. I was late into action, for my hand was shaking from panic. I felt — useless in the situation. I was crying all the way to Chloe. Her face, was bloody and lifeless. "Chloe... I-I'm so sorry." Was all I could mutter from that moment.

——————present——————

"No, I want justice! My girlfriend won't be back with your money!" I growled.

"Look sir, she's dead! The miracle you're asking won't happen! This is all the driver could offer from his crime!"

"I want him locked down in a cell, I want him tortured for what he has done!"

All the police officer told me that it won't work. They explained what happened, but I never needed that information. I never wanted to listen to what they want to say.

——————

It was late at night, I drove home filled with sadness. I opened Twitter to explain what happened and why I won't upload for a week. It was painful, but I'm glad I had to share it all out. I lie in bed, thinking about what happened these past few days.

I wasn't enough for her. She's too sick of me — I never gave her enough love she wanted. "It was my fault, it was my fault that she's now dead." I mutter as I cry myself to sleep.

—————————————————————

(A/N:) Hello guys! So those were the two chapters I have rewritten and improvised from @ghoul_boiz! It's originally their fanfic, but now I decided to keep it and continue it! More chapters are coming as I finish "Insane", and I'm so honored to actually do this like owo

Also, I am kinda looking for someone to make a book cover for this fanfic for I am a very busy person in honor to do so... So if you are willing, please dm me!

Anyways, enjoy this Wack fanfiction guys! Ily <3