Chapter 3(Edited)

"How did I forgot?" Rain asked herself again. Why did she forget to follow what the old lady had said at the antique shop... right now Its finally echoing in her head.

'Do not hold the book to sleep'. That is what the old lady had said clearly said before she left.

Rain's P.O.V

"Did I not really take the old lady's words seriously at that time?" I asked myself. To actually forget such a minor detail, I think I failed as a transmigration novel fan but in my defense I did not know that the book has magic or something like that, that could make me end up here.

I know mostly how transmigration novels work, like when a person got hit by a magic truck, got to play a mysterious game and be bound to a system, or some transmigration novels simply happens when the character falls asleep holding a book then waking up inside that book that the character last read.

Now I suddenly wonder about how my body is doing right now in my original world since transmigration novels just transport your soul to another body right?...Well, I'm not really sure about that... but how is...OH MY!. How did I forgot about my sister?! and my family? I'm sure they would be so worried if they saw my body on the sofa.

While I was thinking of this things, I was startled when a maid had suddenly approached me wearing a simple pale pink hanfu. She has a white complexion, blonde straight hair that is laid down, green eyes, cute nose and a natural pink lips. ' What a pretty maid ' I thought.

The maid suddenly asked me. " Miss are you ok?" I stared at the maid for some time. She looked just around fifteen, too young to work as a maid and wait... she is calling me miss?. Maybe I have transmigrated inside a body of a rich young miss! atleast that's a fortune.

"I am fine I just need to rest some more" I replied while I yawning, not even bothering to cover my mouth. The maid showed me a weird look.

"Well then, Miss let us go inside the house to get you a proper rest" the young maid told me. I nod my head and she leads the way towards the house that I saw earlier which is not far away from here while I just follow behind silently. The maid looked at me weirdly again. What is up with her?

Thinking more of my situation.This is nothing like what I have read on any of the transmigration novels that is available at home and online. Usually in the books when you trans migrate into a different world and body, a flash of memory from the previous host is supposed to rush in to your memory but...my situation doesn't seem like it. So I think that the wisest thing for me to do right now is to keep quite and just observe.

The young maid led me towards the backdoor of what I supposed to be our house. The structure of the house is simple but the atmosphere is very vibrant.

As we are passing earlier at the front yard of our house I noticed that there are guests sitting outside on the wooden floor with pillows underneath for them to sit onto. They are facing the garden and they all look very young. At first I was looking at them but then I avert my eyes to prevent offending someone from the group because as we all know era's like this have a lot of complicated etiquettes to follow depending on your status.

We entered the back door and upon opening the door I was greeted with the sight of a busy kitchen with a lot of people going to and fro who are all busy with cooking.

The young maid continue to lead way but I stop for a little bit to digest this scene because it's the very first time for me to see how people in this era prepare food but after a minute I quickly followed behind the maid, not wanting to be left behind at this unfamiliar place.

Exiting the kitchen I saw the receiving area inside the house where things are well organized and the furnitures are...I can say, has quality. They are all made of fine wood as well as bronze and jade.

The young maid take me up the stairs located at the side of the receiving area. We headed upstairs and she stopped in front of a room located at the last.

The young maid open the door for me and walk in. The word that comes to mind when I saw the inside of the room was "Pretty".

The room is simple and clean, not many things are inside except for the white small bed, a wooden closet, a small vanity copper mirror, and some chests at the bottom of the bed. What made this room pretty is the fresh flowers on the vases that is put in every corner of the room, added to that is the pink translucent muslin on the bed that hangs so freely and sways with the wind that is blowing in from the open window. This feels like a fairytale.

"Miss please take your rest first. I will just bring Miss's lunch later." The maid stated. "Does Eldest miss wants to ask this servant for anything before before this servant leaves?"

I waved my hand dismissively " This Miss needs nothing for the time being, I just want to rest but do not worry I will call you if I needed something." I said at her smiling.

"Then Miss, Jia will just wait outside."The maid said before going withdrawing outside and closing the door.

"So, Jia is her name" I said to myself in a low voice.

I sat on the bed and sighed "If I transmigrated here, what kind of place is this? What kind of world is this?" I muttered lowly, wanting to know more than the typical details that I already know.

I gaze at my room's open window.All I see is green. This world has a healthy environment unlike in the modern world where plants are lacking and full of pollution specially in the city because its mostly made up of different infrastructures needed for economic growth. In here I can breath fresh air which made me really feel relaxed.

As my thoughts are drifting, I lay down on the bed to feel its softness. while doing so, I slowly closed my eyes then subconsciously I fell asleep once again.

-J