OVA 2

IF SHIRA WAS BORN IN KAKASHI'S TIME AS KUSHINA'S COUSIN

oooOooo

"You know, I keep wondering how that girl is related to your troublesome girlfriend, Minato." Nara Shikaku wondered out loud to his friend, Namikaze Minato. They were watching a five year old Uzumaki Shira defeat every Nara child in a game of shogi.

The blonde blushed, still not used to people calling Kushina his girlfriend. "She acts more like a Nara than an Uzumaki, ne?" As Shira placed down a game piece, Shikaku and Minato noticed the smug expression on her face.

They knew she won the game based on her triumphant expression. Her opponent pouted but lazily smiled, he had fun having the young Uzumaki girl as his opponent. Shira stood up from her seiza position and ran towards Minato. 

"Miiiiiinaaaaaatooooo-saaaaaan!" The blonde let out an 'oomp' at the impact and he picked up the little girl. "Yes, Shira-chan?"

"Hungry." She grumbled under her breath though, inwardly, she was smirking. She could always get away with anything with this gullible boyfriend of her elder cousin. "Then, what do you want for lunch?" Her response was quick and precise. "Ramen and dango." Shikaku smirked at her choice of food.

Minato held an uncomfortable expression, those food weren't healthy for her young body. Maybe they could get yakiniku instead? "H-How about something else, Sh—"“Ramen and dango.”"— er, let's go to Ichiraku's then."

Her elder cousin's boyfriend is just so gullible.

oooOooo

Even though Shira is a prodigy, she enrolled halfway into the year at the Academy. Why? She was too lazy to go to school but Kushina finally forced her to attend. Currently, she was walking with Kushina to her classroom. "You're so gonna beat all those brats, ttebane!"

Kushina's voice boomed in the hallway as Shira absently nodded. She doesn't even care about graduating early or beating her peers. Honestly, she prefers to hang out with the Nara Clan than to hang out with others. Soon enough, they arrived at their destination and Kushina bid her farewell.

Shira sighed and knocked on the door. Moments later, the door opened and revealed her teacher. He looked down and seemed surprise to see her. "Oh, you're... late. Anyways, please come in and introduce yourself." The redhead nodded and stepped inside.

The chatters died down as soon as she did so. "I will be your sensei, Yukimori. Kids, she will be your new classmate so make sure to treat her nicely." There were several kids who answered while others remained silent.

"Uzumaki Shira. To tell you the truth, I'd rather be sleeping than be here today." Her weird introduction earned her various expressions of disbelief and wonder. Her half lidded eyes surveyed the classroom but she found no familiar Nara.

Her sensei sweat dropped, wondering why she even enrolled in the ninja academy. "Alright, that was an... interesting intro. Your seat is by Nohara. Nohara, raise your hand."“Hai!” A girl with brown hair and inverted purple triangles adorned her cheeks.

Shira trudged her way to her seat and plopped down as soon as she did so. Her seatmate beamed at her and said, " Hello, I'm Nohara Rin. I hope we can be friends!" Shira awkwardly smiled a bit, this girl is too energetic for her own good.

Taijutsu class came around and Rin excitedly led Shira to the training ground. The Nohara girl talked about medical stuff non-stop, which actually intrigued the young Uzumaki. "Hmm. Then, if you're weakness is memorization, you have to find a way to make it easier for you. Do you remember things easier when you jot in down? Or when you read it over and over again? It just depends on the method and how passionate you are, Nohara-san."