Chapter 1

Lucias P.O.V.

"Thank you for flying delta airlines we hope you join us again"

Omg.omg. I'm here. In America. In los Angelos. I quickly jumped out of my seat the minute the seatbelt signed turned off and grabbed my bag. I tried to get off the plane as fast as I could. I was so sick of that plane. I was on it for over 12 hours and i couldn't take any more of hearing the man in front of me snoring. I finally made it to the front of the plane and stepped out. I traveled through the terminal and went to baggage claim. I grabbed my two suitcases and walked out of the airport. I saw a sign that said Lucia Rodriguez. I moved so I could see the person holding the sign. It was a middle aged women about 45 years old with dirty blonde hair. I smiled and walked over.

"Hello! You must be Lucia!" She said enthusiastically
"That's me" i responded
"Here let me help you with your bags, the car is right around the corner" she said taking one of my bags. I followed her around the corner to the car. We put my bags in the trunk and i hopped in the passenger seat as she hopped in the drivers seat.

"I'm sorry I dont think i fully introduced myself, I'm Ursula"
I nodded
"We are so excited to have you stay with us this year"
"Thank you so much for hosting me"
"We couldn't be more excited to have you"
"So where are you from in Spain?"
"I'm from a small town right outside of Barcelona"
"Ah Barcelona is very pretty"
"You've visited before?"
"Yes a very long time ago, very busy city"
"Si very"
"We are here" she said pulling the car into a very long driveway that lead to a gorgeous House.
She hopped out of the car and opened the trunk. I grabbed my suitcase as she grabbed the other. She walked towards the front door and opened it.
"We're home!"
The door opened up to a hallway with stairs on the left. She put down my bag and I did the same.
"Boys come down we're home!!!" She yelled again. 2 boys sped down the stairs.
" I'm Jaden. You must be Lucia welcome to the family" he said shaking my hand
"Hello yes thank you I'm so excited to be here" as I shook his hand back he looked about 11-12 years old.
"Hola, me llamo Ron" the little boy said he must've been at least 7 or 8.
"Hola Ron, me llamo Lucia"
"He worked on that all afternoon" jaden said
I giggled. He was too cute.
"Honey come here Lucia's here!" Ursula yelled
A tall man with dark brown hair covered in flour came walking into the hallway.
"Honey why are you covered in flour?"
"I attempted to make brownies but it didn't go so well" he chuckled "but thats not important"he turned towards me
"You must be Lucia" i nodded my head.
"Welcome home" he said and hugged me.
"Where's Josh?" Ursula said
"I dunno" Ron said
Jaden shrugged
"Josh get down here, Lucia's Here!"
I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. A boy who was probably a year or two older than me with dirty blonde hair and headphones around his neck was at the bottom of the stairs.
"Josh this is Lucia, Lucia this is Josh"
"Hello" i said
"Hi" he said halfhaeatedly
"Josh will show you to your room right?"
"Sure" he said rolling his eyes
He took one of my suitcases and started walking up the stairs.
"You speak english right?"
"Yea"
"Good"
"Just wanted to let you know that I didnt want an exchange student"
"Okay?" I replied, Salty much?
"Your room is on the third floor along with mine"
I nodded. We walked up the stairs and walked to the end of another hallway and walked up another flight of stairs. It lead to another hallway. This hallway had 4 doors and a little window seat at the end of the hallway.
"The first door is the linen closet, the second door is the studio, the one at the end of the hallway is my room and the one across from mine is yours"
"Studio?" I asked
"Yeah dance studio" he said
"You dance?"
"Yea, this is your room" he pointed to the door
"Okay, thank you"
"Yep" he said already turning around and walking into his room.
I walked into my room. It was very pretty. In the middle stood a bed with a light yellow comforter. On the sides stood two large bookshelves. There was a very large window on the left. On the right were two doors. One a closet and the other a bathroom. On the other side of the room there was a drawer, desk and a full length mirror. I loved it. It was so cute and it was mine.
I flopped on my bed and sighed. I plugged in my headphones and started to unpack everything.
A few hours later I heard a knock on my door.
"Dinners ready" josh yelled already down the hall
I took off my headphones and followed him down the hall. Downstairs I followed Josh because I had no clue where I was going. In the kitchen there was a huge meal spread out on the table.
————————after dinner———————-
After dinner i played with Ron and jaden they are both so cute. I helped Ursula with the dishes and went back upstairs to my room. As I was walking up the stairs to the hallway i heard music blasting from the room that josh said was the studio. I peeked in and saw josh dancing to FEFE by 6ix9ine and Niki Minaj. He was really good. I walked back to my room and got ready for bed tomorrow was my first day of school and I didn't want to be tired. I got changed brushed my teeth and hopped in bed.
————————-the next day ——————————-
I woke up to josh banging at my door.
"Wake up, we have to go to school"
I rolled out of bed and put on my outfit that I picked out the night before.

I didn't wear any makeup and didn't do anything with my hair just left it down.
I packed my backpack and walked downstairs for breakfast. I sat at the table and grabbed the cereal sitting in the middle.  
"So Lucia are you excited for your first day?"
"I guess, I'm a little nervous though" i said
"Well Josh will be there so he can show you around, right josh?"
Josh rolled his eyes but nodded to appease his mom.
After we all finished breakfast and josh grabbed his backpack and his keys, I followed. We walked out the door and into the car.
The car ride was silent until we got to school. Josh parked the car and turned towards me.
"Okay there are some rules"
"Rules?"
"Rule #1 dont talk to me in school, rule #2 dont break rule #1, easy enough?"
I nodded. This dude really was salty. He hopped out of the car. I did the same. He walked into the school, still I followed him. We walked up to a group of guys.
"Hey josh"
"Hey dudes" he said as he did his little bro hug thingy. I just stood awkwardly behind him.
"Dude who's this?"
"Oh this is my family's exchange student Lucia"
"im Julian, where you from" one of the guys asked me
"Barcelona, Spain"
"Cool"
"Yeah yeah, um have any of you guys seen Taylor?" Josh said looking around
"No"
"there she is. Taylor!" He yelled, waving her over.
A girl with dark brown hair came jogging over.
"Hey Josh whats up" she said
"This is my families exchange student from Spain, Lucia. Do you mind showing her around?
"Yea sure!"
"Great thanks, meet me at my car at the end of the day Lucia" josh said walking away
I nodded.
"Finally a girl around I can talk to" i sighed turning towards Taylor
She laughed "yeah over at the Beauchamp's house its all hockey and dance"
"You two dating?" I asked
"What me and Josh?" She laughed "oh hell no, we are just good family friends"
"Oh" i said
"C'mon let me introduce you to the girls" she said grabbing my arm dragging me through the crowded hallways.
A/n
Hi guys! How did you like the first chapter. I'm so excited to write this book its not even funny. Anyways hope you guys enjoy.
-Lizzy xoxo