Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN 

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE! 

       It was Savannah and Jason all over again Dylan thought as he gripped the bouquet of aster flowers he was holding crumpling the petals at the same time he felt like he was reliving his past all over again and just like before his heart had been crushed when he'd wanted to surprise Savannah only to walk in and find her in Jason's arms and now Ella...this is just too much to bear, Dylan didn't think he could survive anymore heartbreak.

He'd held onto the last vestige of hope that she might have feelings for him but he'd thought wrong. No more he thought as he turned and walked back to the car he was done letting them make a fool out of him.

"Let's go Jonathan." he barked.

Dylan gulped down the amber liquid in one go and relish in the temporary relief he got as it burned his throat. He allowed himself a good cry even though he didn't want to. He'd driven straight to the airport not wanting to spend one more hour in that cursed city. Dylan was unable to accept that they weren't meant for each other, he loves her, he'd loved her his entire life there's just no way fate would be so cruel to him.

A loud knock at the door pulled him out of his temporary bliss and when he pulled it open he found Valerie his secretary.

"What are you doing here? I told you I didn't want to be bothered." he said, his tone was angry.

"I'm sorry sir but you weren't answering your phone for the past three days and you didn't look too well the last time I saw you I was scared something bad could've happened to you. Doña Bianca wanted me to make sure you were okay."

Dylan felt remorseful, he had no right to be mad at her she was only concerned.

"You can tell my mom that i'm fine." he refilled his glass once more and gulped down his drink swiping at his mouth with the back of his hand.

"With all due respect sir I don't think you're fine." argued Valerie.

Dylan's eyes flashed with molten fury. "You were hired as a secretary not my nanny so do your job."

He stumbled and she was right there to help him.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

Dylan stared into her familiar grey eyes and smiled sadly.

"Why couldn't you love me Ella? I love you so much." his eyes glistened with unshed tears.

"Come on i'll help you to your room." Valerie said and placed her hand under his arm as she helped him to the bedroom and lay him down. She turned to leave but he grabbed her hand.

"Please don't leave me Ella." he pleaded before he passed out completely.

The next morning when he'd sobered up Dylan made a decision, albeit a painful one, but he's decided to take the first plunge and give Ella what she's always wanted.

"Someone is in the husband blues." Eileen teased.

"It's not funny at all." Ella chastised but she couldn't help but think that Eileen is right she hadn't received any flowers for the past few days and it's got her worried. Normally, it was the first thing she receives in the morning and would always look forward to another day but so far nothing.

"You should call him maybe something bad has happened." Eileen suggested.

"That's just it Eileen i've tried calling him but he's not picking up."

"Oh dear, I wonder what could've happened."

Even Bryan isn't picking up, she had no idea what the problem could be. A loud rap sounded at the door and they both looked at each other before Ella dashed to the door and pulled it open a bright smile on her face expecting to receive her daily dose of aster flowers but what she got instead was an envelope and the breath was almost knocked out of her when she read the contents and couldn't believe her eyes; she was holding divorce papers already signed by Dylan.