Epilogue

EPILOGUE 

Dominic ran agitated fingers through his hair as he paced about the room. All the joy and happiness out there was making him sick because he knew he'd never be at peace until he was able to come clean and tell Lani the whole truth.

"Then what's stopping you?" Dominic turned in surprise to find Bryan at the doorway and he realised he must've been thinking out loud.

"You know what's stopping me."

"You're just afraid." Bryan told him pointedly.

"Of course I'm afraid! What do you think Lani would think of me when she finds out that I wooed and pursued purposefully just to ruin her life the same way her mother ruined mine?"

A loud gasp filled the room and Dominic was faced with the hard truth of what he didn't want to happen. Lani was standing there, the look of horror on her face and her eyes flashed with such hatred Dominic had never seen.

"Lani..." he called brokenly.

Unable to look at him for another second, Lani turned and fled from there.

"Lani wait!" cold fear gripped his heart as he ran after her but she'd already left. He would've been able to catch up to her if he hadn't hesitated. Dominic never knew it was this intense when one's heart breaks into a tiny million pieces.

Look forward to Lani and Dominic's story in Book 4 which is titled I Fell in Love with You!

Ciao for now!!