Chapter Twenty-one

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE 

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE! 

Ella cracked open her eyes and winced at the pounding in her head. She waited for the pain to subside then shook the grogginess she feels and looked around her. She was in a small room with nothing much in it except an old cushion and the rickety chair she was tied up in. Ella struggled to free herself but after a while realised it was futile, she needed her energy for when she would make an escape. She tried to remember what happened; she'd just gotten out of the house when someone jumped her suddenly and covered her nose with a white cloth a sickly sweet smell enveloped her and then black. How many times has she been kidnapped in less than a year? Ella thought miserably who could it be this time?

Her question was answered when a tall man entered the room followed by a slender woman who looked vaguely familiar...of course! Ella thought as recognition slammed into her.

"Are you sure no one saw her up here?" she asked.

"I'm sure." the man replied.

"You may go now, i'll call you when I need you." the man shuffled out of the room and after the door slammed shut, Ella's kidnapper faced her with a sick smile on her face.

"I know you're dying to say something right now so i'll grant your request." the woman said then reached out and undid the gag in Ella's mouth.

"You're Dylan's secretary." Ella accused.

"I'm the love of his life he just doesn't know it yet."

Has this woman gone crazy or what?

"Dylan is married to me."

"Not for very long I can assure you." She appeared so sure about it that Ella wondered what she was going to do.

"What do you plan on doing to me?"

"That depends, if you do what I tell you to do then I might spear your life."

"And what is that?"

"You're going to leave Dylan."

"You're really nuts aren't you? Dylan will find me and you..." Ella gasped when she saw the glinting blade of a knife as it almost scraped the skin at her chin and she froze in her spot holding her breath.

"If you mess with me I won't hesitate to cut you into pieces with this knife understood?" Eileen threatened.

Ella nodded wordlessly, she realised it was better not to rile her up or the psycho might really carry out her threat and Ella wasn't ready to die just yet she was only twenty-one and had a long life ahead of her beside the man she loves. She said a silent prayer for Dylan to find her.

Ella didn't know for how long she'd slept but she thought she heard Dylan call out her name. But there were other voices too, she'd had nothing to eat or drink for a while now so maybe her mind must be playing tricks on her.

The door burst open a moment later and Dylan was right there and Ella couldn't be more relieved. He loosened the ropes on her hands and legs then she leapt into his arms and sobbed her heart out in sheer relief.

"Shh, everything is okay now love. You're safe." Dylan cooed soothingly. After she calmed down he carried her out to the waiting car and let the police do their job. Ella had no idea how they were able to find her so fast and she wasn't interested in the details right now only the fact that they'd found her just in time. Ella buried her face in Dylan's shoulders and tuned out everything else.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Dylan asked for what seemed like the fifth time that night. Apart from the exhaustion she'd felt before Ella had no physical injuries to worry about thank God for that.

"I'm okay now that I'm with you and surrounded by everyone I love." Ella smiled up at him.

She'd come home to hugs and lots of mushy feelings and it felt so good. Ella looked around at everyone present there and knew without a doubt that she was loved. Tears stung her eyes.

"I was so scared I thought I'd never see you all again. You should've seen how she pointed that knife at me."

"She's crazy, I hope she's locked up for a long time." Adele said with emotion.

"I second that." Lani agreed.

"Me too." added Kristina.

"I'm just happy you're back home safe anak." her father said.

"We're all glad we got there before anything worse could happen." Ethan said.

"I don't know how to thank you guys for being here for me right now." Ella croaked.

"That's what friends are for." Bryan smiled.

"We'll be here whenever you need us." Dominic asserted as he draped an arm on Lani's shoulders and Ella smiled at the affectionate gesture.

"I'm glad I have my own personal bodyguards now." Ella joked and they all burst into laughter and just like that the mood was lightened.

"How did you know where to find me?" Ella asked later when they were both away from everyone else.

"Believe it or not Eileen's mother came and told us everything and believe me I was just as shocked as everyone else, we never thought that sweet and innocent Eileen was obsessed with me."

Ella squeezed his hand affectionately. "I know it's not your fault. But if you hadn't arrived when you did I don't know what she would've done to me."

"Enough of that now I don't want you to worry about anything right now. Especially about Eileen." Dylan framed her face in his palms as he stared down at her beautiful face.

"Then make me forget."

Dylan grazed the corner of her lip with his mouth. "I love Dylan." Ella whispered.

"Forever and always." he said and swallowed her response with a searing kiss.