XII

Link and Zelda woke up in a magical place. It was an enigmatic room with clouds everywhere. The air wasn't too cold or too hot. The wounds on Link and Zelda's bodies vanished. "Link! What's happening? Why are we floating and why are we...transparent?" gasped Zelda when she saw her hands. She and Link looked around. "Zelda...I think we're dead! Remember what happened at Ganondorf's place?" Link told her.
Zelda was speechless. "But...where are we? Is there anybody that can help us?" she asked. Link took her hand and there was silence for about twenty minutes.
"Zelda, look!" Link gasped and saw five figures approaching. Zelda turned around and couldn't believe her eyes. "Daddy?! Urbosa?! Mipha?! Daruk?! Revali??" she gasped as she recognized the figures.
Yes, they were the King of Hyrule and the four dead Champions. "Father! I missed you so much!" cried Zelda, leaving Link and ran to hug her father. "Oh, my daughter, I missed you too...I've been watching you every second since I died!" said Rhoam, hugging his only daughter close to him. "Father...I'm so sorry that I got the sacred power way too late! I left you...and the four of you to die!" she cried and turned to the Champions.
Rhoam shook his head. "I'm the one who should be sorry, Zelda. I shouldn't have been too harsh on you. I should have just sat down and spoken to you like a parent, not like a ruler of a kingdom. I'm sorry for pushing you. I was so worried about my kingdom that I forgot how to be a good father,"
While the King was having a conversation with his daughter, Link slowly floated up to his ghostly friends. He got on his knees and bowed to Hyrule's ruler: "Your Majesty...I'm so sorry. I failed to keep Zelda safe! And...here we are, in a room full of spirits! Standing in the light...where living things can't see us! Seriously, your Majesty, I am awfully sorry! I should have been better at doing my job, but Ganondorf's minions just showed up and took her away! I was unable to break free and save her in time!" Link's mouth began to shake and his eyes started filling up with tears. "Now, now, young man. I have been watching you as well. You were a great bodyguard and friend to my daughter the entire time. I witnessed what was going on when Eric, Sheldon, and Ronnie showed up. They appeared very suddenly, nobody would have enough time to realize that enemies have arrived and it's time to attack. They grasped you so hard and beat you up, I couldn't blame you for not being able to win that battle. And then when you showed up to save my daughter from that marriage, Ganondorf trapped you in a fire that you were unable to escape. I watched as you were struggling to escape, and you couldn't do it...Link. It isn't your fault. Honestly, my man, I would have never found a more caring friend and bodyguard for my child than you. You should be proud of yourself," Rhoam explained.
Link began to cry, and as he did, he realized that the Champions, Zelda, and Rhoam saw it happen. He quickly covered his face with his hands and turned away from them. "Link! It's okay to cry. You don't need to hold in your emotions...I don't care what people told you about warriors not being allowed to be seen sad, you should not hold in your emotions to make me proud. You already made me and my father proud for being such a caring friend," Zelda whispered. "Without you, our souls would have never been free. We wouldn't have been here, resting in peace, we would have still been trapped by Ganon," said Daruk, "my little man, it's all over. The pain is over...now, you're safe here, in peace. No more fighting monsters, no more fighting Ganon, no more injuries or stress,"
Revali spoke next: "Ganon is now burning in hell for what he has done. He will never return to Hyrule...hopefully...and if he does, we all will return to our beloved Divine Beasts and kick ass. And oh, my Hylia...if only you used Revali's Gale to get yourself out of the fire...this is all my fault! It wasn't available at the moment! And by the time it became available, it was too late! I regret everything!"
Link wiped his tears with his sleeve and looked at his friends. "Link...I was so wrong. I'm so sorry for how I acted with you a century ago. I really hate to admit this, but...you were meant to be the Hero of Hyrule, not me. You did more for this kingdom than I have...I should have been less of an asshole to you when you refused to speak, you have a mental illness which makes your life more difficult, but I refused to understand that, my pride came before everything back then, I wanted to seem cooler than everybody. I was also devastated that I was supposed to help you kill Ganon, I wasn't a fan of that idea because I thought that I will kill that monster on my own and be the hero of the kingdom. I'm very, very sorry. I am just a hero of the Ritos, and you're the hero of the whole kingdom," whispered Revali, shedding a tear. Link walked closer to the Rito Champion and gave him a hug. "It's alright, Master Revali. We're cool. You know, after that long sleep, I kind of just let it go. Let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore," the Hylian Champion smiled and shook his friend's wing. Revali hugged Link back tightly and smiled.
"The two of you have been through a lot," said Urbosa, hugging Link and Zelda like a mom, "both of you are heroes. We all are heroes. We are the Champions of Hyrule. Now, we can simply rest in peace, the terror is over, the physical and emotional pain are over, now we're all free, safe, and relaxed,"
Link looked at Mipha. "Mipha...your brother has been such a great friend to me. He's a great, optimistic, attractive young man. He has been there for me all the time. He really misses you, Mipha. He still sees you as his role model and really wishes to see you again, at least once. When your father will join us, Sidon will be an excellent king," the Zora princess stared at her crush. "My sweet Sidon...oh, how much I would like to go down there and see him...and my father, at least once again!" 

Urbosa laid her hands on Zelda's shoulders. "Perhaps, the two of you are exhausted! There's a soft bed made from clouds in that room over there. As long as there's somebody in there, nobody will come and disturb you. Go on, my children, get some rest!" she said and pointed to a cloudy staircase. "When you get enough sleep, come back down here. We will be waiting for you," Revali added. 

"Oh...guys! I probably should give you back your powers. Thank you so much for letting me use them. They really came in handy when I was battling monsters," whispered Link. He gave Mipha's Grace, Daruk's Protection, Revali's Gale and Urbosa's Fury back to their original owners. "You guys are truly great friends. I'm more than happy to be back here with you again. Now, Zelda and I are going to take a little nap...when I return, we can have a nice talk," added Link and went up the stairs with Zelda. As he walked away, Mipha's smile faded away. "Mipha, what happened?" Revali conquered, turning to her. "It's sad for me to watch Link be happier with Zelda than with me. I was going to marry Linkie, but...I couldn't give him that Zora armor! I was assassinated before he even found out about that armor! If only I gave him the armor back when the two of us were sitting on top of Vah Ruta, we would have probably been married already! I still love that man, and I still want him!" whispered the Zora princess as she stared at her feet. Daruk shrugged. "Just let the little man be happy, he had a very difficult life! Training since early toddler years, getting injured constantly, not having any free time! He didn't even have a proper childhood! If Link will be happy, then all of us shall be happy. After all, he came back for us and freed our spirits after we were trapped for a whole century," 

Mipha looked up at the Goron Champion. "You know...you're right, Daruk. He deserves all that freedom and happiness. I'll let him be and make his own choices," she said and then thought to herself: "I don't care if Link doesn't want me, I'll still love him...and it'll still break my heart to watch him be happy with a different woman!"

"Finally...we can get some good ass rest!" Zelda plopped into the cloud bed Urbosa told Link about and pulled the blanket over her body. Link took off his tunic and took down his ponytail. "I still feel guilty about not being able to save you...but let's forget all these worries, for the sake of Hylia, and take a long, long nap," he said. The warrior started taking off his pants, when Zelda stopped him from doing so: "Oh...please don't take your pants off, Linkie! Just, please, don't!"

Link halted and buckled back up. "Well, excuuuuse me, princess!" he chuckled, "I'm used to sleeping in my underwear, but just this time, I'll exit my comfort zone for you,"

The warrior plopped into the bed next to Zelda and grabbed her like a teddy bear. "Now, can I get a kiss...for Hylia's sake?" he asked, looking straight into her eyes. Zelda chuckled and kissed him without saying anything. Link rolled over and pulled the blanket over his body. Zelda wrapped her hands around him and fell asleep. I wonder how the Hylians and everyone else is doing, Link thought, who will be the next owner of the Master Sword? Or maybe Sidon tossed it into my grave...whatever. I'll keep track, but for now, I'll just rest. 

Link yawned and hugged Zelda, staring at the sky. Then, he fell asleep too. And they slept for many long, peaceful hours, feeling happy.