☼chapter 2: you're not real☼

| J a d e |

I couldn’t believe my eyes!

Ashton Irwin was right there, in front of my eyes. He’s still here with that smile plastered on his lips. I need to keep my cool and just relax.

“I-Uhm I.” I stammer. I’m still processing what’s going on. My eyes widen by each second I look at him.  He raises his brow and snaps his finger in front of my face when he notices me staring.

“Well good morning. Michael told me to wake you up since he’s a little busy at the moment.” He stands up.

I sit up and look around the room. Which doesn’t even happen to be my room. It’s bigger and cleaner. I’ve always had purple walls and posters of bands up on there but the surface was a cream colored and not a paper sticking out in sight. It’s actually the type of room I imagined Bryn to be in...   

That’s when I snap back into reality and burst into laughter. This was all a dream! It has to be!

“What’s so funny?” he asks coming close to my –the bed again. This isn’t my bed of course.

 I get out of the duvet and stand up observing him. He keeps our gaze and looks up at me locking eyes with me. That’s when I ruffle his hair and start pinching his cheeks.

“Ow! What was that for!?” he backs up holding his face.

You expect me to believe all this is real? Also that you’re right in front of me?”  I chuckle shaking my head.

“Bryn, are you okay? You seem a little off today.” He tugs at his hair trying to keep it in place.

“You’re Ashton Irwin!” I blurt out.

“The one and only?” he lifts his eyebrow in confusion.

“Yes –wait a minute. Did you just call me Bryn?” I tilt my head to the side.  What is going on? He even called me that when I was just waking up. How does he know the name of the character in Seconds of love? Does everyone read my story!? More importantly, why is he calling me by her name?

“Well that’s your name. So…” he replies back worried at the moment.

“No it’s not. I’m Jade.” I say back.

“Jade? But you’re not green.” he scans my face.

“Not the color jade! My name is Jade Prescott.” I throw my hands up in the air in frustration.

“Okay Bryn, we really need to get you to see someone right now. I’m a little worried for your health.” He reaches for my arm.

“Back off! My health is fine! This whole thing isn’t real. It’s just a figment of my imagination! I must be dreaming right now after that storm last night. That must be it!” It all makes sense now. I’m just dreaming and Ashton would never read my fanfiction. I’m such a lunatic for even thinking he would.

“Listen I– “

“Pinch me!” I flick his forehead.

“Ouch. Now, you really need to stop hitting me.” He rubs his forehead.

“I said to pinch me! ‘Cause I know this is all a dream. Now we could stop acting and I could just wake up.” I told him.

“Why do I need to– “

“Do it already!” I cut him off again.

“Okay!” he gives a tiny squeeze on my arm leaving nothing but pain for a second. I open my eyes and look around to find myself in the same room again.