Chapter: 12 What's The Worst That Could Happen.

Kelly's POV:

"Bye Mikey" I said as I squeezed Mike. He was off to Football Camp today and i'm not going to see him until next month. 

"Kell, your choking me" he complained.

"Oh hush, and deal with it" I shot back.

I hugged him even tighter before finally letting go. Tears started to build up inside me, I tried my hardest to keep them down.

"Please don't cry Kelly, it's not like i'm enlisting in the Army" he stated.

"I can't help it genius, I don't care where your going i'm going to miss you" I said.

"Well thank god your not dropping me off, it would be really embarrassing" he laughed.

"Hey!" I wailed.

He just kept laughing. Mike gave Bonnie a hug and Mom a hug before saying his final farewells. Dad was dropping him off so he wouldn't be back until later tonight, possibly tomorrow. The camp was all the way in Miami so you really never know.

After Dad left with Mike, Mom, Bonnie, and I went inside the house to make another pot of coffee. Mom poured us all a cup and added our favorite creamer. "So, I wanted to talk to you girls about something" she said. 

"Oh no, what now?" Bonnie complained.

"Oh calm yourself, it's nothing bad" she shot back. "It's actually quite exciting" she smiled as she sat down. She cleared her throat before she spoke again. "I spoke with Kate Dawson yesterday." She started. "She was telling me about a fundraiser she hosting. Apparently they're raising money for the OI foundation. It's going to be a ball where people dress up to reflect their personalities." Mom works in the community, she helps host fundraisers, raffles, jog-a-thons you name it. She makes our sleepy little town an enjoyable place to live. Kate Dawson's the head of the committee, her husband James is a millionare and owns "Dawson's Auto" and a few car washes, they also had a few kids.

Mom turned to me "Kelly, she would like for you to come, support, and maybe even say a few words." She had that pleading look in her eye.

"Um... Okay. What do I have to say." I asked.

"Just talk about what it's like to have OI and how it has affected your life." She replied.

That should be easy I thought. "How does Kate Dawson even know about OI?" I asked her.

Her eyes softened and she looked down at her coffee. "Kelly, Kate Dawson's son had OI, his name was Elliot." She stopped for a moment before she continued. "He died a few years ago in a car accident." She said in a sad tone. Car crash, where have I heard that before? 

Mom shooke her head. "That poor family, I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to lose a child." She said. We sat in silence for a moment as I racked my brain trying to remeber where i've heard that before.

"Anyway" she said changing the subject. "Who are you two going to take?" No one I secretly answered. I just shrugged.

"I have an idea of who Kelly should take" Bonnie perked, giving me a teasing look. I glared at her, remembering the events of last night.

"Who?" Mom butt in.

"No one!" I quickly said.

"The guy from the Auto shop, his name is Nate!" Bonnie squealed. "He picked her up last night and took her out to dinner. He is gorgeous mom! and he really likes Kelly!" she finished.

"Bonnie!" I wailed. "Get it through your head! I. Don't. Like. Him!" I snapped.

Bonnie rolled her eyes and turned to mom "Mike and I are betting 20 bucks to see when The Wizard of Oz will finally give her a heart and a brain." She said. Remind me to kill Mike when he gets home!