Chapter: 14 What Did I Set Myself Up For?

I screamed out of frusteration and slammed my laptop down. Three hours of searching online for Hermiones dress and NOTHING! Nada, zippo, zilch. It was horrible, not one person on the internet had a Hermione costume dress in my size. Then again you are the size of an 8 years old. Shut up self concsious! I fought back. I groaned and fell back on my pillow. There had to be something I could do. I didn't know anyone that knew how to make a dress except for my grandma, but she lived all the way in Idaho and there wouldn't be enough time. 

Although this would give me an excuse not to go to the ball with Nate. A smile spread across my face at the idea. Yet I know if I pulled something like that my mom would shun me. Curses I thought. My phone buzzed from my purse. I groaned I'll get it later. It buzzed again. "Ugh go away!" I complained. It buzzed once more. Now I was getting mad, I sat straight up and grabbed my bag. Then my phone started ringing. I rumaged through my bag until I found my phone. It was Jemma. I answered.

"What!!" I snapped.

"Well hello to you too" she replied.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want, i'm really not in the mood."

"I was just wondering if you found Hormone's dress." She mispronounced Hermione.

"Hermione! Her-My-Own-E it is not that hard people! and no, I haven't" I said, I swear she does it to make me mad.

"Oh whatever. Anyway I was just calling to let you know I know a designer who can help you and he can do it at really good price, plus he's a Harry Potter fan." She chirped.

"I'm listening" I said intrigued.

"His shop closes soon, so if you want to get it done by Saturday you should go now. I'll come with you." She finished.

"Sounds great." After all I am desperate. "Text me the address, i'll meet you there."

"Way ahead of you" she sang. She is way too perky sometimes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled up in a small plaza with a big LED sign that read "Dubois Botique." I parked the car and drove out, locking the doors behind me. Seconds later Jemma pulls up and stepped out of her car. She had a huge grin plastered on her face "Eeeek I can't wait! Gustof is the BEST designer I know." She added enthusiasm at the word "best".

"So, how do you know this guy." I asked.

"His daughter is one of my patients, so I get a discount." Jemma is pediatric doctor in training.

"Interesting" I said.

We walked into the store when all of the sudden a petite man comes walking out to see who it is.

"Jemma!" he exclaims.

"Gustof!" she replies. 

They hug each other and do that European "kiss each other on the cheek thing". They caught up for a few moments. Chatting away about each other and how his daughter was doing. It was quite interesting seeing Jemma interact with someone as bubbly as she is, is was also quite amusing. 

"So what can I do for you today?" Gustof asked Jemma in a thick French accent.

"Actually it's not for me, Gustof i'd like you to meet my best friend Kelly Fletcher. She's looking for a dress." she said.

"Pleasure to meet you Kelly, any friend of Jemma's is a friend of mine." He shook my hand.

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Dubois." I replied.

"Oh please call me Gustof, Mr. Dubois was my father." He said. "What are you looking for today, chic, modern, classic, vintage, a little bit of each, what's your stlye?" He said as she showed me at least 30 dresses. He rambled on and on about each dress and what kind of material it was made out of and what kind of stitching it was. This guy was going a million miles an hour. I felt like my head was about to explode. 

"Actually what i'm looking for is pretty specific." I finally said while he was catching his breath. I pulled out my phone and found a picture of Hermione wearing the dress she wore at the Yule Ball. I showed him the picture. "Is there any way you can make this in my size?" I asked.

"Ah, Hermione Granger, I can definitely make this work, let me just get your measurements and I can start the outline." He said, and was off rumaging through his desk looking for his tape measurer. 

"It needs to be done by Saturday." I added.

"Saturday?" He asked. He thought about it for a moment. "Umm that's a bit of a stretch." He said scratching his head.

"You can do it, right Gustof?" Jemma butt in cautiously.

He thought about it for a while. For some reason there was something about this guy I didn't really like. I don't know if it was his energy or attitude, but something about him just didn't feel right. I always had a 6th sense about people and I wasn't getting a good impression on this guy. I almost felt like he was a fake. Like he wasn't really what he says he his. 

"I can, but it's going to cost you extra." He finally said.

"How much?" I asked cautiously.

"$400" He said. He said it pretty fast now that I think about it. Too fast.

"$400?!" I exclaimed. $400 for a dress I most likely will only wear once. At that point my blood started to rise. This is ridiculous, If I had enough evidence he was a scam artist I would be taking him right to court, unfortunately I can't use my 6th sense as an excuse.

"Don't worry Kelly, i'll pay for half of it." Jemma said trying to extinguish my anger building up. 

It's not worth an argument Kelly, just calm down and relax I said to myself.

Well I have no other choice, I took a deep breath. "As long as you get it done by Saturday evening, you have yourself a deal." I said.

"Excellent!" He said.

After Gustof took my measurements we said our farewells goodbye and left his shop. "So what do you think of Gustof? Isn't he awesome?" Jemma asked.

"Yeah, super" I said sarcastically.

"What?" she asked. I gave her a look that clearly sums it up. "Okay, okay I know the dress was a little expensive but-" 

"A little" I cut her off "I understand $200 but $400? Really?" I said.

"Trust me Gustof won't disappooint you, he knows what he's doing." she defended.

"I don't know Jem, I don't really have a good feeling about this guy." I said truthfully.

Jemma rolled her eyes. "Here we go" she groaned. "We say up, you say down. We say left, you say right. We say yes, you say no, nothing can make you happy, can it?" she stated.

I smiled. "Except for Harry Potter, goodnight." I shot back.

She laughed. "You're hopless Kelly Reneé Fletcher, hopless!" she joked.

"And don't you forget it." I shot back.

We'll just see if Gustof Dubois can impress Kelly Fletcher.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! I have not written anything in 2 weeks!! I'm sorry I have been so busy with school I hardly have the time for anything anymore. I don't even know when I will write chapter 15 yet hopefully soon I don't want to keep you waiting for the ball too long. Soon I promise! We are up to 281 reads!!! thats awesome keep up the good work I love you all. Sorry for cutting this chapter short I tried my best and I hope you all enjoy it.

Don't forget to vote, comment, suggestions I would love your feedback

Happy Reading ;)

-madisonradcliffe123