Chapter: 16 I Should Have Known Better

I woke up the next day upside down on my bed. The theme song to Harry Potter was blaring in the background I must have fallen asleep. Surprisingly my back felt good as new. One glass of bone tonic juice, and a couple of asprins later and i'm a new women. I sat up carefully, as if it was too good to be true. I stretched a little to test my back, because it really is unpredictable. Once I finished massaging, stretching, and moving around, I came to the conclusion that I am good to go.

Moments later my phone chimed. It was a reminder. The reminder read.

Pick up dress today at noon.

Holy crap it's Friday! The ball is tomorrow and I still don't have my dress. If I didn't put that reminder in, I would have totally forgotten today was the day to get Hermione's dress. I looked over at the clock it read 11:30 Oh crap! I quickly scurried out of bed, looked through my dresser to find a decent outfit. Rumaging through the drawers I managed to pull out a plain v-neck pink shirt, black leggings, and my grey toms. I quickly changed into my outfit, brushed my teeth, and brushed my hair until it was smooth. I looked at myself in he mirror feeling satisfied. Not bad Kelly, not bad I thought to myself.

The clock read 11:40. Ok I have 20 mnutes, I must have coffee. I drove to the kitchen, grabbing a clean cup and diving for the steaming fresh pot of coffee. I poured a glass, wincing as I spilled a little hot coffee on me. "Ah, ouch!" I really coud've cared less. Adding my favorite creamer and taking a nice long sip, my mind dosed off. It was almost as if all my little annoying problems faded away, and I was drifting off to the mystical world of coffee heaven. Where there was creamer waterfalls and whipped cream clouds along with fields of coffee beans. The aroma was quite pleasant and almost seemed real, until...

"Good morning." ...I was brought back to the harsh horrors of reality.

"You're up late." Dad said as he poured himself a cup. He added some suger and turned towards me. "How is your back feeling?" He asked looking concerned.

"It's better, much better." I replied

"You look like you overslept, what's going on?" He asked.

"See the thing is I kind of did oversleep, and now that you've mentioned it I have to get going." I said, clearly I lost track of the time. I set my coffee down and grabbed my bag.

"Wait, hold up there." Dad stopped me. "Where exactly are you going?" He asked in a suspicious tone.

My dad made it pretty clear a long time ago it didn't matter how old I was, he would always be too overprotective of me, and unfortunately I just had to deal with it.

"I have to go pick up my dress for that OI ball tomorrow and i'm running late." I said anxiously.

"Oh yeah Bonnie told me about that, apparently you're going with Nate Dawson." He said. "He's a good kid" he continued "Almost too good." He added in a low tone, almost as a whisper.

"Dad, just please don't. I'm only going with him to please mom, okay I have to go." I said, remind me to kill Bonnie later.

"Alright, drive safe and be careful." He said.

I smiled "Bye dad." And I was off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I parked at Dubois Boutique at 12:04 and raced my way in there. I drove through the threshold where I saw Gustof measuring fabric. He turned around once he heard the door bell chime.

"Oh Kelly, Jemma's friend." He said in a cheery voice. Almost too cheery. "What can I do for you?" He asked. He looked exhausted, his hair was in tangles, his eyes had bags under them, and his hands were shaking as if he was drinking too much caffiene