Chapter Twenty-One

Barry finished putting food into the Raptor Paddock just as the sirens blasted in the distance. He ran down the catwalk before leaning over the railing.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Masrani's helicopter crashed while trying to kill the Indominus and let loose the Pterodactyls, Pterosaurs, and Dimorphodon! They went straight to the resort!" A ranger yelled up to Barry.

Inside the Raptor Paddock, Trixie's keen senses went into action. She left the meat laying on the ground and paced back and forth sniffing the air and letting out those low grumbling growls. Barry could tell that the hybrid was very anxious with all these alarms going off. Just then a truck pulled up and men piled out. Barry quickly came down from the catwalk.

"Who the hell are you guys?" He inquired.

"Hoskins told us to get the Raptors ready."

"These Raptors are not leaving the paddock." Barry said angrily.

"That's not your decision to make." The lead man walked away from Barry. He knew it. He couldn't raise Owen on the radio so he hoped like hell Owen got back to the paddock before they could do anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside the control room, people were busy until the ding of the elevator sounded.

"Hey hey hey! You guys can't just waltz up in here!" A security guard said holding up his hands to stop them but the men ignored the man.

"Simon Masrani's death is a tragedy. Our new mission is to prevent anymore loss of life."

"Who are these guys?" Lowery questioned Hoskins.

"I'm glad you asked. Everyone here is relieved of their duties. There's a new team on the ground!" Lowery knew whatever was about to happen just couldn't be good.

"Just out of curiosity, what's this new team gonna do that the ACU couldn't?" Lowery asked.

"These men are highly trained private security from InGen they can kill the Indominus. Of course with a little help from the Raptors."

"You're gonna set them free after what Mr. Masrani said?" He questioned.

"Masrani isn't here anymore. Now get your things and be ready to leave." Hoskins went back over to his men leaving Lowery sitting in front of his computer. Vivian and Lowery looked at each other in disbelief. This guy has to be a few bricks shy of a load to consider setting the Raptors free on this island.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Zach! Grey!" Claire yelled running over to the boys and kneeling in front of them.

"Oh my God! Thank God you both are alright! What is this? Where did you go? Why didn't you come back? I was so damn worried about you 2!" She questioned the boys.

"Who's that?" Claire stood back to her feet and turned halfway to see Owen.

"Oh uh that's Owen...we work together." Zach looked at her unbelieving that they just work.

"Hey we gotta go." Owen said.

"Come on boys." Claire and the boys followed Owen through the park. Claire took out her phone and hit the speed dial for Lowery as they went through a doorway.

Claire thank God you called.

"What's going on Lowery? We're headed back to you."

That's not a good idea. Some really heavy shit is about to go down. InGen has brought some guys in from their private security division and this guy Hoskins is in charge. As best as I can tell he's got this insane idea of using the Raptors.

"What do you mean by use the Raptors?"

"Son of a bitch!" Owen said feeling his anger level rise.

"You really shouldn't say bitch."

"Take the kids and get them somewhere safe Claire." Owen said as a large gate far behind them began to rattle.

The group ran over to a car and got inside just as the gate opened up and people came running. Owen put the car in reverse and backed up into a small cutoff to get out of the way of the fleeing crowd.

"This doesn't feel very safe."

"Can we stay with you?" Grey asked as he watched the people running by.

"Oh believe me you're never leaving my sight again."

"No no we mean him." Grey said touching Owen's shoulder.

"Yeah definitely him." Owen and Claire looked at each other for a brief moment before Owen put the car in drive. He needed to get to his Raptors and Trixie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N
**4 chapters left and things are about to get intense!!**