Horse Riding

From Book 2 (no spoilers)

Yes, I know that Viola wasn't there at that time but...idk.. I just wanted her to be so...

[Todd]

They decided it would be a good idea to have Viola and myself trained for horse riding.

Sure it's all fun and games but for me, a man, it's going to take some getting used to.

It's really uncomfortable because it hurts in places it's not supposed to.

"Ow, easy girl" I say to my horse as I shift to reduce the pain.

"Aw Todd" Davy Prentiss Jr. Mocked "moaning already"

"Shut up!" I yelled, casting a quick glance at Viola who was giggling. She quickly looked away when our eyes met.

I felt my cheeks heat up.

I rode upto her,

Viola.

"How are we doing Todd?" She joked to which I only rolled my eyes.

"Not you too" I mumbled.

"Are you both done?" Davy called out "or should I wait for you both to do your funny business behind them bushes"

"Eff you" I muttered,

Except, I don't say 'eff' do I?

"Not me" he smirked "I'd rather you do your little bitch"

"Shut up! DONT YOU DARE TALK ABOUT HER!  I'LL KILL YOU!"

"Todd"

I turned toward Viola

"Its fine"

"It's not-"

"Todd? It's ok"

We both followed him in silence, Viola blushing slightly from Davy's comment.

After three hours of agony, we were finally done for today.

I got off my horse, nearly falling in the process. I walked over to Viola and her horse.

I noticed that I wasn't able to walk properly, I probably looked ridiculous with the way Davy was snickering.

"Do you need help?" I smirked at Viola who was clearly struggling. I know it was stupid of me going over to help her when I could barely stand myself.

"I'm fine" she huffed, swinging one leg over the horse but lost her balance and fell.

I tried to catch her,

I did,

but my feet gave out and she landed on top of me.

"Ow" she muttered "I'm so sorry Todd"

"Tis alright" I said, brushing her blonde hair out of my face while my other hand was on the small of her back.

She lifted her head to meet my eyes. That's when she realised what position we were in. Still, all she did was blush.

I was trying hard to suppress the smile creeping to my lips.

My eyes drifted to her lips and then her eyes and then back to her lips.

I knew she could hear me, my noise. So I tried real hard not to think about-

(Shut up)

Still, I think she did hear me since she started to lean in.

"Viola" I breathed, almost a wisper.

"Honestly! Here? Of all places"

We turned to see Davy, making a gagging gesture.

Viola quickly got up before helping me to my feet, that blush not leaving her cheeks.

"Get a room you two" he chuckled darkly "desperate kids"

"Shut up!" I yelled at him "Shut up or I'll rip your throat out!"

He only chuckled and went the other way.

"You ok?" Viola asked, taking my hand in hers.

I only turned and smiled.