Tormented Youth

Tom's Point Of View

I felt nauseous. My stomach was churning, like it was tying itself repeatedly. I don't know why. I couldn't see clearly either, not that I was trying to see, I felt too tired to even open my eyes.

I squinted my eye to see an unfamiliar male, looking at me with their panicked, silver eyes. Yes, he was panicking for some reason. He also had two spikes poking out of his head... Weird.

"Wake up!"He screamed. It was all muffled. I couldn't remember what was happening or why he was screaming at me. He looked up with a gasped before running away. No... I was in his arms. I was leaning against his chest that rose up and down along with his heart beating rapidly. I heard his muffled sharp breaths as I bounced on his arms.

I whispered the last words I could utter, before it all went black.

---

My eyes fluttered open, but my other eyes stayed shut, like they were glued together. I was facing the ceiling. The light was blocked by the ceiling fan that turned slowly, like it was turning on and off.

I groaned as I tried to shield my eyes from the bright bulb with my palms. The room... the room was familiar. The auburn wallpaper, covered with band posters and other posters that involes the outer space, and some polaroid pictures that has some of my face. I'm in my room.

"You're awake!"

I whipped my head at sudden outburst my ear still wasn't able to adjust to. I saw Edd sprinting towards me with open arms. Before I knew it, he already had his arms wrapped around my body. "You idiot! You made us worried!"He embraced me tighter, almost crushing my body. "Edd— g-get off!"

Edd released from the embrace. I could see the relief in his eyes other than the dark circles that formed under them. His brunette locks also seemed messier. He wasn't wearing his green hoodie, only a maroon turtle neck under a denim jacket, and a pair of black converse. I also noticed the small gold necklace that stood out with his maroon turtle neck. Woah. I have never seen Edd being so fashionable before. He always wears his dumb green hoodie.

"Edd, what happened to you?"

Edd stared in disbelief. "W-What happened to me— what happened to you? You suddenly turned up in my door step unconscious!"

"I-I..." Honestly, I don't know myself either. It was all a blur. All I could remember was a guy carrying me. Then it was all black. "I-I-I don't know. What happened to you? I have never seen you wearing something other than your green hoodie. It must've been Matt, right?"

Red dust crept to Edd's cheeks as his brown eyes widened in embarassment. Tom noticed then his fully black eyes widened. "Oh my god, you two are dating...?"

"I... forget that. I'm just glad you're okay."Edd embraced me once more, but more gentle. He thinks he can get away with it? Nevertheless I still returned the hug. I'm still confused, though. What really happened? Why did I turn up on Edd's doorstep? Why was the guy that was carrying me panicking? Who was that guy?

I caught a glimpse of a bowl lying on the wooden floor with the soup plastered out of it. Edd must've dropped it while he sprinted towards me earlier.

"You... You should probably clean that up."

"Right..."

---

"Who was that guy..."

I was in the bathroom. My parents scolded me for something I don't remember. Now I'm grounded for a month. I don't really care. I don't go out that much, anyway.

I stared at my own reflection. I had a black eye, (no pun intended) It explained why my other eye couldn't open earlier. My eyes landed on the black jacket plastered beside the bathroom sink. I felt my eyes glued on them. Then, I noticed a small white paper peeking from the pocket.