Aftermath

Karries POV

I woke up with dry tears caked onto my face. My lower half throbbed with pain. I looked down and was horrified to see blood. Not helping either, the bruises I had been given yesterday were a sickly purple. I don't want to see what I look like in a mirror.

Knock

Knock

I sit up as the door handle turns and Belle walks in. I gasp, she has cuts that run up and down her legs and a few look infected. 

"Belle?" I whisper

"I deserved it" she said in a dead, monotone voice.

I'm baffled. Was she cut like that because of what I did? 

Belle sighs, "let's get you cleaned up, come on,"

She helped me up and led me to that same room I used to stay in. Except, now it's conpletely furnished.

She made me sit on the bed and she left the room. She came back with a tote bag. She set the bag down and started pulling stuff out of it.

"Belle, were you hurt because I ran?"

She huffs, "I only got what I deserved now hush"

Wow, ok. I guess Belle is in a foul mood. I mean she ought to be, but I don't think she should let it consume her like this.

She takes a wash cloth and wipes my face clean of tears. I wince as she scrubs over where I was slapped. She puts a salve on my bruises. Then, she puts two pills in my hand and a bottle of water in my other.

"Take those" she says "for the pain"

"Thankyou" I mumble.

She nods, gathering her stuff, and leaves.

I take the pills and twenty minutes later the pain dulls. I lay down in my bed and try to sleep.

I've been here for two weeks. Belle brings me lunch and dinner and  let me wash twice, but otherwise I am alone. My bruises have faded and the only real pain I still feel is emotional, I was raped for God's sake.

I can't go on like this. I can't. I won't. Something must change.

3rd POV

Maddox saunters into the room. The hot mess on the bed shoots up with eyes wide. She's scared, it's not a I just watched a horror movie fear, it's a you are my horror movie fear. She scrambled to stand, but he pushes her back into the bed.

"Karrie sit" he says harshly.

She scrambles into a sitting position.

"Say yes sir you retard!"

"Yes sir" she half says and half asks him. 

He slaps her. Then he grabs her and repeatedly bashed her frail body against the wall. Her screams do nothing to him, nothing to his anger. Except fuel it.

"WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME LIKE YOU SAID?" Karrie screams "WHY ARE YOU HURTING ME?"

He stops and stares are her. He kinda remembers that night he told her that he wanted to treat her better than his father treated his mother, but he was drunk and can't recall his exact words.

All he knows is that he's angry. He doesn't even remember why he was angry anymore. Maybe a drug shipment failed, or maybe a guard was killed, possibly a rival gang was opposing him strongly. Or maybe he was mad at himself.

Who knows anymore? He thought. Why do I care anymore?

With that he grabbed the lamp off the bedside table and slammed it to the ground. He then exited the room leaving poor Karrie to tend to her wounds alone, and to her astonishment she did not receive meals until two days had gone by. She'd grown weak and tired, though all she did was sleep. The purple and blue bruises that covered her body's might fade if she was given proper nutrition she thought. Then Mia walked in.

"Mia" Karrie croaked. 

"Drink Karrie" Mia says softly as she hands Karrie a bottle of water.

"What day is it?" Married wonders.

"Friday"

"Oh"

Mia just nods and hands the poor girl a bowl of soup. 

"Eat up Karrie, you'll need your strength" Mia advises.

"For what" Karrie ponders.

"You'll see" Mia tears up.

Mia leaves the room and Karrie yells in anguish at the thoughts facing through her mind. She creates a mental list of her questions.

-When will I be fed again

-should I save some of the soup and water

-should I cry

-will I make it to my 21st birthday 

-will I ever go to college 

- will this be my life forever

-will Maddox come back and hurt me

-will Maddox rape me again

-will Maddox kill me

-will he have someone else kill me

- or will I kill myself first

-should I kill myself

Maybe the new addition to her stomach did it. Or maybe all the thinking, but soon afterwards, Karrie was asleep. She wouldn't wake up for days. Would she wake up at all?

A:N it was short, you'll get over it, anyways, do we like 1st POV or 3rd pov? If we like first then whose pov is best? Answer in the comments. Or don't, but then I'll choose whichever POV i want

I know where this story is going but not how it will get there.....

AMEN

Read

Share

Comment

Vote