Tea Time

Third person point of view

There was a man watching the pale, thin, beauty of a girl sleep. He was called Maddox, though it wasn't his given name. Maddox had various mental issues. Of course he had OCD, PTSD, and more, but the things that troubled him most was math dyslexia. He couldn't even  figure out how much money he would make if one drug shipment failed. He blamed himself. He hired tutor after tutor but to no avail. He's given up on math and just kidnapped a mathematician. You know, to crack the numbers for him.

His wife lay in a coma and all he could think about was his math dyslexia. What a shame.

He let his eyes gaze at her but his mind stayed elsewhere. His heart turned away at the sight of her, his nose scrunched at the smell of the sterile hospital room. He tore his mind from the issues of his mind and focused on the girl.

Karrie. Short for, Karolina Beth Faye.

He admired the girl, though she'd lost many pounds since her arrival. Though the color in her cheeks drained and her smile darkened. Even though her heart was barely beating, though she found taking breaths to stay was a conflict. She hadn't suffered as much as some but her tiny frame and bad childhood didn't help her case. Suicide plagued her thoughts daily.

She was in the coma because of her treatment anyways. Apparently bloood loss and poor nutrition don't help, especially under cases of severe stress. Maddox didn't know that, he thought when he picked a wife she would be perfect and willing not frail and scared. 

Oh well, he thought, if she dies at least I wouldn't have to deal with her.

Then he laughed. He laughed so hard his throat was sore and his voice hoarse. He laughed until he couldn't possibly laugh anymore. 

Then he left the room to go torture a rival gang member that was caught stealing drugs from his own men. The girl wasn't alone, there was another girl sitting in the room holding her hand. This girl felt sorry for her in every way. She couldn't help but like Karrie, with her relatable past. She wanted Karrie to escape with her one day, but with her current health she wouldn't make it on the run from Maddox's gang. 

Mia knew that even thinking about leaving was a death warrant, but so was staying. Atleast for girls. Girls are practically slaves in the gang.

Mia shed her tears for Karrie already, now it was time to fight for her.

A/N extremely short, but I realize that there may be a tad cliffhanger in the last chapter and didn't want to leave you guys hanging. I've started a new book which will actually be like written after this one is finished. So no worries there, any constructive criticism would be nice and voting would too. I realize that reads went from 100 to 300 in a day or two so I'm happy about that but I really want to write a book people enjoy so please do let me know what you like and what you don't.

Read

Comment

Vote

Share