4

And there we are, running through the endless corridors again, still trying to find a way out.

"I thought you had a plan Jooheon! Where is the exit!?"

"Shut up and run!"

I roll my eyes at him but do as he says. He is the person that found us all after all. I look to the side where Hyungwon is running next to me. I wonder if he regrets the kiss. He hasn't talked a lot since then, avoided eye contact and even after Jooheon freed us from the straitjackets, he didn't hug me, or touch me at all. He's keeping a distance and I'm afraid of the reason. I'm so absorbed in my own thoughts that I don't even notice how Jooheon kicks in a door, the door to our freedom.

"Get in the car!"

My eyes catch sight of it and I sigh. This is probably the smallest car that I've ever seen. But we don't have much time. Jooheon is driving, Changkyun called shotgun so he is sitting on Kihyun's lap in the front seat. Shownu and Wonho sit in the back, I am sandwiched between them, Hyungwon sitting half on my and half on Wonho's lap. I must say I have never been in a car with Jooheon and I never want to be in one with him again. We arrive at Jooheon's secret underground greenhouse that he told us about and I am really close to throwing up. As my knees get weak and I feel dizzy Hyungwon grabs my hand and keeps me up.

"Careful."

He mumbles and waits until I feel steady enough to enter the greenhouse. We're going in together standing side by side and admiring the view.

"Jooheon that's-"

"Amazing, I know, thanks."

He clears his throat.

"It's good to have you all here. I really missed you. I don't even know what to say. I think Shownu should tell you the rest."

He nods and Shownu walks towards Jooheon, standing now in front of us all.

"We failed to protect the village and most importantly our families. All of us have lost someone but we have to let go. I know it will be hard and our hearts will be aching, seeking for revenge. We can't let these dark thoughts take over. We are the X-Clan. We protect the people, we don't harm them."

He takes a deep breath and clears his throat.

"We swear to protect what comes next with our everything on the line. One, to find what we lost. One, to fill up the empty heart. One, to find the right path and advance. One, to never leave anyone behind. To become one and protect the X-Clan."

For a short time it's completely silent. Everyone is processing his words. We haven't heard the oath in a long time. Not since the last of us was recruited.

"You've heard it."

Jooheon mumbles and comes back into the center.

"We need to become one to protect the X-Clan. No secrets, no fights, nothing that would keep us at distance. We are a family. I hope you all know that."

I turn to Hyungwon, my eyes searching for his. He bites his lips, still trying to avoid my gaze.

"Let's talk."

He then whispers.

"Just the two of us."