Save Them

Rapunzel caressed Varian through the bars of the cell, he clinged to her as if he would fall to his death if he let go. She knew she wanted to fix this, so she stood up, watching Varian stare are she moved to the door, his eyes red and puffy.

He widened his eyes, thinking she was going to leave him, when suddenly the door to the cell was unlocked. "Varian, I'm going to make it up to you." Rapunzel grabbed his hand, leading him carefully to his feet. He sniffled, not believing what was happening. She lead him through the main door if he dungeon, past the sleeping guard, and somehow, without anyone noticing, she made it to her room.

Varian looked around in wonder, he hadn't realized the room was so pretty and decorated. He looked at the artwork strewn about, spotting a drawing of himself lying in a corner, neatly kept. He didn't say anything, but he knew Rapunzel noticed his glances. "I was worried about you... I had this dream and- well, now I'm going to act on my promise. I should've done this all before, but I'm doing this now. I'm doing this for you."

Varian's eyes swelled again, but he brought his hand to his eyes and wiped away the tears. "Thank you, s-so much, Rapunzel." He sniffed, earning another hug from the golden haired princess. "We'll have eachothers backs. We're going to save your dad."

—————

Sorry this one was so short :(