Push Them

Rapunzel let go of the hug and moved to her desk in the corner of the room. She shifted through loose papers, pulling out a blank one and grabbing a pen. She scribbled a crude map of Corona, scribbling some possible shortcuts they could take without being caught in other colors. Pascal eyed Varian, taking two fingers and pointing at his eyes then Varian. Varian giggled, moving to check out what his savior was doing.

"Is this a map? What are all the blue and red arrows for?" Varian asked, curious. "They're paths we could take without being caught. I've figured out a few ways to avoid Dad's... precautionary measures." They giggled, before hushing down. "So... we're going to sneak out and get to Old Corona...?" Rapunzel nodded, quickly flipping the paper on its back and scribbling a new map labeled 'Old Corona.' She circled the location of Varian's home, and rolled the map up. She grabbed a small satchel that was conveniently under the desk and shoved the map inside.

The two of them packed a few useful items, Varian grabbing some leaves from the plants in Raps' room. Rapunzel had snuck some snacks from the kitchen earlier in preparation, and stuck them inside the bag. "Wait, we're leaving now?" Varian questioned. "We have to. They'll notice you're gone if we leave later on." Varian nodded in understanding, he knew that when the guards come to feed him, they'd notice his cell wide open and empty.

Rapunzel opened her window, tying her hair to one of the posts of the balcony fence. She grabbed Varian and Rudiger, the three of them slid down her hair, landing on the ground below with a soft 'spff.' Rapunzel tugged her hair, pascal untying it and falling down to land in a pile of the soft golden locks. Rapunzel motioned for the others to follow her, taking her down an alley behind some of the buildings in the square. She then turned them down a smaller alleyway, where they had to move sideways to get through. At last they appproached the bridge, meandering across as they didn't have to worry about any witnesses entering Corona at this time of day.

Varian looked back, wondering what in the world this girl was doing. He was thankful, very, but worried about her own goodwill. What would her family think of her helping him after all he'd done? What would Corona think? His father!? He shook it off and looked back at Rapunzel, who's hand he still held. He grabbed tighter, moving to walk next to her, they had a long journey ahead of them.