Raid

Peter had decided that I should fly in with Edmund, just in case. Obviously he just wanted us to sort things through. Even though he was angry at me, he was trying to help his brother. Nevertheless, I flew in with Edmund and landed on top of a guard in the tower balcony.

I killed him and stashed his body in the door so we couldn't see him. Edmund jumped down after me and got out his torch. It was a new machine he had brought from his world.

He flashed it on and off as the signal for Peter, Susan and Caspian. After he was finished, we waited in uncomfortable silence. I stood on the opposite side of the tower with my back facing him.

"Everyday we were back in England, I worried about you."

I tensed up slightly but didn't say anything.

"I knew you wanted to go with us to hunt for the Stag. You got so angry with Peter when he wouldn't let you go." he chuckled.

Please don't do this to me Edmund.

"The next year was so hard without you. But I know it was harder for you. Being kept in a Telmarine prison for ten years couldn't have been easy. I don't know what happened to you in that place but I know it wasn't good."

"I also know it was you that took Susan's horn from her chest. And my chess piece. How come you didn't call for us back then?" he asked.

"I tried..it didn't work for me." I reply with a soft voice. A tear slipped down my cheek and I wiped it away with a small sniffle.

"Can we please not talk about this now?" I asked.

I heard him sigh and we remained quiet for a few more minutes. Nothing happened as we waited until I heard a clatter from below. Edmund looked over the edge and I joined him. His torch was now below us and a guard came to check it out.

"You dropped it?" I scolded.

"Sorry." he apologized. I sighed as both me and Edmund went down the steps and watched as the guard turned it on by accident and blinded himself with the light.

Edmund took the time to jump on him and try to take it back. The alarm bells went off throughout the castle and the torch was knocked out of both the men's hands.

Edmund and the guard were crossing swords with Edmund being on the struggling side.

"Now Ed! Signal the troops!" Peter yelled from below us.

"I'm a bit busy Pete!" he shouted back.

I went to grab the torch but the guard kicked his foot out and sent me falling down. I fell to the edge and my foot slipped out through a gap. I clung to the edge of the balcony as the rest of my body dangled in the air.

Edmund head butted the guard but his sword was kicked away. He ducked just in time and used the torch to knock the guard out.

"Ed!" I shouted.

He spotted me and took my hands and pulled me back up and into him. I was flush against his body and his face was inches away. His arm was wrapped around my waist until I moved out of his grip.

"Oh.." he looked back at his torch. It was cracked and no light shone.

I saw Telmarine soldiers line up and run to the gate.

"Hurry!" I chide.

He shook it a few times until a slimmer of light flickered out. He switched it on and off until we saw our army charge through the gates and the battle began.

••••••••••

I left Edmund and charged through the upper outside levels of the courtyard. I slashed and stabbed just as archers were coming out of the doors.

I saw Edmund jump on one of them aiming for Peter and the others turned their bows on him.

"Edmund look out!" I shouted.

He turned and saw the others and dove through a door and closed it before he was shot with tons of arrows.

I continued to fight as the others were being killed down below. Peter and Asterius went for Miraz but failed as they were overpowering us. I was being cornered and fell into a soldier behind me. They held me down and were ready to kill me until a man stopped them.

"Lord Miraz will want this one." he said.

They lifted me up and tried to restrain me.

"Retreat! Go, get out of here!" I heard Peter cry out.

Looking to the gate, I could see a Minotaur holding it up by himself. I knew it wouldn't last so I tried getting to them again.

The soldiers, yet again, pulled me away and toward Miraz.

The Minotaur couldn't handle the weight anymore and collapsed, still leaving many Narnians trapped inside.

Miraz stood in front of me and took me in his arms. He forced my face to watch as his archers killed everyone.

"Does this feel familiar to you, Knight?" he mocked.

I tried shouting as they fought back but to no avail. Among the dead, I didn't see Peter or Caspian or Ed. I saw Glenstorm's son, who I knew very well.

I almost started to cry but Miraz pulled me inside the castle. They took me to a cell and shoved me inside.

"Will you weep for the dead?" Miraz asked menacingly.

I looked up with anger.

"Not in front of you."

He laughed and walked off, leaving one of his Generals behind, General Glozelle I believe.

"I will not mourn my soldiers until yours are dead." I say.

Glozelle looked at me with a look in his eyes. It sort of looked like pity. He left me alone and I waited until they were completely gone. As I said, I cried without them to watch or hear. My sobs were quiet and I covered my face.

••••••••••

Morning came and I sat in the corner with my knee propped up. The guards came in and bound my hands and gagged me.

When we reached the outside of the castle, I could see Miraz and his army waiting to march. He attached my hands with rope to his saddle and I was forced to walk to where I assumed would be the How.