Goodbyes

Susan, Peter, Caspian, Edmund, and I swam across the ford and came to shore in front of Aslan. I took one look at the mighty lion before we bowed before him.

"Rise, Kings and Queens Of Narnia."

Edmund, Peter and Susan stood up.

"All of you."

Caspian looked up. "I do not think I am ready." he stated.

"It is for that very reason that I know you are." Aslan replies wisely. Caspian stood and I remained kneeling.

"My little Knight, you have served Narnia well. You have earned your respect among the people. And for that, you have also earned your place with our beloved kings and queens. Rise, for you may not be royalty, but you are this kingdoms protector...and you have lived up to your name." he spoke to me.

I stood up and Edmund took my hand as he smiled at me. I smiled back until we heard the sad tune of bagpipes. We looked behind us and saw Reepicheep being carried in by his men.

Lucy quickly put a drop of her fire flower juice and Reep was healed.

"Oh! Thank you, your majesty. Thank you! Oh! Hail Aslan! It is an honor to be-"

He cut himself off by falling forward and looking back at his bottom. His tail was missing and he looked embarrassed.

"I am completely out of countenance! I crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion. Perhaps a drop more?" he asked Lucy.

"I don't think it does that." she replied sadly.

"You could have go?" he pleaded.

Aslan chuckled, "It becomes you well, small one."

"All the same Great King, I regret that I must withdraw. For a tail is the honor and glory of a mouse." he said while pulling out his sword.

"Perhaps you think too much of your honor friend."

"Well it's not just the honor! It's also good for balance and climbing and picking up things!" he defended.

"If it pleases your majesty, we will not bear the shame of an honor denied to our chief." One of the mice spoke.

They all put their swords to their tails.

"Not for the sake of you honor, but for the love of your people." Aslan smiled.

Reep's tail magically appeared again and he gasped in delight.

"Thank you! Thank you my liege. Let this always be a reminder of my huge humility." Reep said.

I chuckled along with everyone else.

"Now where is this dear little friend you've told me so much about?" Aslan asked.

We all looked over to Trumpkin. He was guiding Telmarines from the water to the shore. He caught us staring and slowly walked forward, nervously bowing.

Aslan roared and he flinched.

"Do you see him now?" Lucy asked with an amused expression. Trumpkin smiled and looked back at the lion.

I tightened my grip on Edmund's hand and smiled.

We won again.

••••••••••••••

After Caspian's coronation, we all rode out into the streets where Telmarines and Narnians celebrated their new king.

I rode with Edmund and waved at the people. They threw flower petals and cheered.