Chapter Two

"Hello? Earth to Anny! Where are you?" Riley waved a hand in front of him.   

"Don't lean on the railing," Anny muttered, half-heartedly.   

"Will you STOP saying that?" Riley hissed, "What is WRONG with you?"  

"I met someone from Torchwood Riley," Anny turned to him, "His name was Captain Jack Harkness. I'm going to go find him, Riley... But I need your help."  

"Alright," Riley agreed, "I'll get right on it. I'm gonna go out for a smoke, Anny. Be right back."  

"Okay," Anny allowed, not really paying attention. Riley headed outside and walked over to the edge of the pier, overlooking the water. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it, not noticing the dust picking up behind him.   

He turned away from the apartment complex and placed his arms on the railing, taking in the beautiful scene as he inhaled his toxins, knowing what they were doing to him and not really caring.   The dust that had been blowing around had formed a figure. With such fair skin and fine features, she would have been a beauty to look at, had anyone been looking. She pulled something from beneath her cloak and strolled up beside him and whispered something in his ear.   

"Don't lean on the railing," she instructed.   

"Anny. You could ha-" his voice caught in his throat as he saw the woman before him. Suddenly, the railing that had seemed fine a moment ago began to wobble, right before it collapsed into the water. Upstairs, Anny was quietly smiling to herself when her eyes landed on the figures outside.   

"RILEY! NO!" Anny exclaimed, bursting out and running to him. Just as she reached the door outside, he stared at the cloaked woman and fell backwards into the water, falling under. She ran to the edge and was about to jump in when the woman took her by the arm and stopped her.   

"NO!" Anny screamed, "NO! RILEY! NO! I LOVE YOU! COME BACK! COME BACK!" The woman remained silent as she opened her flask and collected the last of Riley's life.   

And then, she was gone.   

Anny knelt beside the water and sobbed, hoping that he would pop back up, although she knew he never would. He was gone.   

Forever.