Chapter Three

"Miss?" a voice made Anny look up. She was met with a young woman with black hair. She gave Anny a reassuring smile, "Hello. I'm Gwen Cooper. I came to ask you some questions."  

"You're with Torchwood," It wasn't a question.   

"Yes, I am," she nodded, "I need you to tell me some stuff, Anny. Could you do that?"  

"Where is Captain Jack?" Anny inquired, "I can only talk to Captain Jack."  

"Anny, Jack isn't here right now," Gwen attempted, "I need you to talk to me."  

"I can only talk to Jack," Anny insisted, "It can't be you."  

"Why not?" Gwen pressed, "Why can't it be me?"  

"Jack's Doctor is coming," Anny warned.   

"You know about Jack's Doctor?" Gwen stared.   

"Let me talk to Captain Jack," Anny ordered, firmly. Gwen nodded and stepped out of the building, heading over to the boy's crowding around the body of Riley.   

"Did she say anything?" Ianto inquired.   

"She refused to talk to me," she shrugged, "She said Jack was the only one she could talk to... She also said your Doctor is coming back, Jack." He looked up at her with startled eyes and quickly rose to his feet and headed into the building. When he poked his head into her apartment, Anny looked up with a look of sadness on her face.   

"Captain Jack Harkness," she greeted, "Riley did help me find you. Just... Not the way it should have happened."  

"Did you kill him?" Jack asked, sternly.   

"No," Anny replied, "She killed him."  

"Who killed him?" Jack demanded.   

"I don't know her name," Anny replied, "The only thing she can say to me is 'it was time.'"  

"Time for what?" Jack pressed.   

"Time for him to die," Anny sniffled, "She decides when it is someone's time. The only force over her's is Death itself."  

"Who is she?" Jack interrogated.   

"I call her the Goddess of Misfortune," Anny answered, "She doesn't like you, Jack. I can SENSE it. It's like... She has no power over you. You cannot die, can you, Jack?"  

"How do you know?" Jack demanded.   

"I can see the look in your eye," she smiled, "I know what it's like, living past your time."  

"That's not possible," Jack shook his head.   

"She won't kill me, Jack," Anny whimpered, "Everyone around me dies, but I NEVER CAN."  

"Alright, come on," Jack hoisted her to her feet and started dragging her towards the door.   

"Where are you taking me?" she widened her eyes.   

"You're coming with us," he informed, "If something is following you, I don't want it out on the streets of Cardiff. There don't need to be any more like Riley."  

"Okay," she nodded, following him outside.