Prologue

age six

You were an adventurous viking. You would always love to go out and explore the forest, and find astonishing things that would blow your mind! Well, you thought it did at least. You run aimlessly around your village giggling taking bread and sweets that was in your eye-sight. Stuffing some in your mouth, and hiding some in your pocket. Your h/c hair swishes and you look around v/n excitedly doing a three-sixty. But you were flown into the air by big hands. Those big hands were your father's, F/n. Chief of your tribe. You giggle as he tickles you in his big muscled arms. "Aye! Such a beauty! You look so much like your mom! And mostly me." F/n name teased as he continued to tickle you. You giggle more and squirm in his arms. A laugh was heard, and your father turned around and saw your mother, M/n. Her laugh made your father smile. "Hello beautiful." He says and kisses her as he's still holding you. You put a finger in your mouth and pretended to gag looking away. Your h/l hair droops to the side as you were now staring at the ground. You have your hands out as you try to pull at the grass so you wouldn't have to be near your mother and your father's' little make-out session. Your father laughs and sets you down. Your mother gave your father something, and your father knelt down to your length. "Aye. Y/n, I have somethin for ya. But promise me you will take good care of it?" F/n asks as he points a big finger in your face. You, being excited about surprises, excitedly nod. Anxiously wanting your gift. He takes it out from behind his back, and hands it to you. A, F/c bow was in his hands. F/f markings were on it. You were delighted and eager so you took it without questioning. Your mother laughs and kneels down beside your father. "Now listen Y/n, You being chiefette, when you're older you may not have time for it. So don't get too upset alright?" You were making hand motions as if mimicking her. She laughs and kisses your forehead. They both stand back up, and your father wraps an arm around your mothers waist. You were to busy trying to position the arrow in your bow. Your father chuckles and kneels down again putting your tiny hands in his. "Focus Y/n. Aim... Fire!" You let go, and it goes flying into the woods. "Awe. I missed my target." You say all hurt. Your h/l hair dangles to the side trying to see where the arrow was from where you were standing. "Go get it then dear." Your mother says from behind you. You giggle and hold your bow running into the woods. You look around, and duck and jump over logs, and rocks that stuck out of the ground. The arrow was in a tree branch, and you smile running up to it, pulling the arrow out with all your wee little might. You finally managed to pull it out, but your eyes met with beautiful light blue ones. It's black pupils met yours, and you go wide eyed screaming out of the wood holding your bow and arrow. "What is it? what's wrong?" Your father asks getting defensive over you. You were to scared to go back. "A-a dragon! I saw a dragon!" You stutter out. Your father glares into the woods, and sets you on his back. "Come on then. Let's get you back home safe and sound." Your father says carrying you on his huge shoulders.

age 10 (I know, BIG time difference) 

You smirk as you let your h/l hair fall loose. Your f/c skirt, and your S f/c shirt was on your body. F/c boots were tightly tied on your feet, and your f/c bow was in it's holder along with your arrows. You run down the stairs, and see your mother and father looking at paperwork from other villages. You took this as your chance to sneak out to practice your shooting, but your father looked up at you with his all too well knowing look. "Hey dad!" You say nervously as you shuffle your feet walking over to him with your hands behind your back. Your mother smiled from where she sat. "You have to be sent to Berk. A village where dragons raid every night. And I have faith in you. I have faith in you to stop them. You may never see us again, but We want you to know. . ." He started looking at your mother. "That we love you." She says. Your father has his big hands on her shoulders, and they look at you with a sad face. Tears speculate in your eyes, and a viking pushes you out of the chief's home. "They will always be in here Y/n." He tells you as he points to your heart. You nod to scared to say anything as you board the boat. You grip your hands into fists, and you hugged your bow tightly. "I promise mom and dad. I will keep your promise." You say looking at your village as it slowly disappears into foggy clouds.