18. Afraid of love

The summer days were passing quickly, I spend most of my time with Draco, we swam in the river, lay in the soft grass watching the clouds and just reconnected, since the whole cheating thing I felt like me and Draco were losing our spark but now I feel so in love with him.
Tom has been in his room for most of the time, but when I do see him he always tries to talk to me privately. I just ignore him. Everything is normal...
I and Draco were laying on my bed talking about going back for the third term in one week since this holiday was only for two weeks. When Narcissa walked into the room.
"Draco darling, may I please talk to you?" She asked kindly giving me a polite nod.
"Coming mother" Draco yawned as he climbed off the bed. I decided to go outside to the greenhouse, which was one of my favorite places to sit and think, it was so beautiful. Narcissa loves plants so she made every single on look amazing. I walked down the path of cold pebbles finally reached the greenhouse. I was quietly walking around it when I heard the door open and close. I looked over at the door but there was no one there. But as I turned around I came face to face with...

Tom.

I looked up at him with a scowl and walked over to the door, but it was locked
"Tom, open this door right now!" I demanded
"Emily, I'm not opening the door until we sit down and have a talk," He said calmly, he got out his wand and muttered a charm that made all the blinds go down so no one could see in.
"Tom, do you realize that you are practically kidnapping me, and holding me hostage!" I yelled
"What's the problem, I have already done it once," He said with a smirk
"Fine, what do you want with me," I said realizing I will never win.
"Emily....." He said softly walking over to where I was standing
"I am so so so so, sorry," He said looking ashamed.
"Sorry about what Tom," I said not wanting to remember what I had seen
"Look, all I wanted was to make you jealous, so I brought in this girl and she got a bit carried away...." He said reaching out for my hand.
"So you think you can just go off doing that with other girls and then come crawling back to me?" I spat venomously
"No Emily, can't you see I did it so you would get jealous and realize that you loved me.... But it was a stupid plan!" He said cursing himself
"Well, it's good you realize that Tom," I said sarcastically
"So can you please forgive me," He said pleadingly
"I will forgive you on one condition" I huffed
"What is it! I will do anything!" He said hopefully
"From now on we are friends," I said amused
He looked defeated, the color in his face was now completely gone leaving a sad and depressed expression
"Friends," He said coldly
"Yes Tom, friends" I replied
"No no no no no....!" He cried slamming his fist down on the table.
I flinched and cowered over to the corner, He was scaring me...... I was afraid of this side of him...... I was afraid of Voldemort.
"Emily, what's wrong?" He asked as he ran over and wrapped his arms around me.
"You know i would never hurt you" He whispered softly in my ear. I smiled
"Best friends?" I asked
He smiled
"Deal" He gave me a final hug before disappearing out of the greenhouse and leaving the door unlocked.
I sighed a breath of relief, how was I ever meant to love him when I am afraid of him.