Night Two

Warning: Just a reminder that this story is dark/angsty right now, but I promise you can expect some fluff soon! All of this is happening for a reason and you will find out why in the next chapter. Things WILL get better!! :)

--

--

I had felt sick all day. Nauseous, dizzy, achy, weak, feverish... I've never felt this sick before. What did he do to me?

The start of my first year of college is merely three days away and I just spent the bulk of my day locked in my bedroom, avoiding everyone and everything, repeating what happened over and over in my head.
And now, here I am sitting in bed, staring out the window at 2:30 in the morning with an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I wasn't scared before but I certainly was now.
Was he coming back? What would he do to me? What did he do to my mind? What did he put in my hand? A million questions and yet somehow I get the feeling I wouldn't be receiving the answers from him, even if he does come back.

--

His big dark eyes were the first thing I saw. He was looking down at me as I slowly gained consciousness. For the next couple of minutes he continued watching me silently without any explanation.

I blinked up at him drowsily, too sluggish to even attempt moving.

Surely I'm only dreaming this time...

Suddenly, an immense amount of fear overwhelmed me as I became fully aware of the situation I was in again. The fact that I couldn't cower away from him, or move at all for that matter due to the paralyzed state he put me in, only intensified my fear. 

My vision quickly began clouding with the uncontrolled tears that were welling up in my eyes.

"Please don't hurt me..." I whispered as flashbacks of the previous night filled my mind. I glanced away with shame as a few tears spilled down my cheeks.

"You are scared." It wasn't a question. His head tilted in that slow, creepy way of his in what appeared to be curiosity.

He waited a few more moments, studying me with his undivided attention. His stare made chills run down my spine. 

Suddenly, he broke his gaze only to grab something out of my line of vision before approaching me again, this time with a long sharp tool similar to the one he had used on my forehead last night.

Panic overcame me and I fought myself not to hyperventilate. Long, cool, delicate fingers lifted my hand and the press of a thick needle began piercing through the flesh of my palm.

"Please stop!" I cried, trying with all my might to pull away, without success. The pain was agonizing, and soon I felt an intense burning sensation spread up my arm and throughout all the veins of my body.

He didn't stop, not for another minute or so that is. When he finally pulled the needle out I was already beginning to feel more sick than I did yesterday.

"Can you please tell me what's going on?" I pleaded weakly as the room began spinning. The nausea I had been feeling all day yesterday was nothing compared to this. 

"You have no need for concern, human."

I sighed, irritation finally settling in despite the nauseous state my mind was in.

"I do have need for concern! This is my body you're pricking and prodding with needles. I have a right to know what you're doing to me. I didn't agree to any of this." I tried my best to sound confident but the shakiness in my voice said otherwise. "Are you gonna hurt me?"

"I do not require your permission. I only require your cooperation." The fact that he didn't even acknowledge my question about hurting me sent my heart into overdrive.

"What if I refuse to coopera-"

"You will always cooperate." he quickly interjected, his gaze suddenly menacing. I wanted nothing more than to shrink away and curl into a tiny ball at that moment.

My heart began to hurt as it went from racing to a much weaker and slower pace in a matter of seconds, accompanied with intense chills and shivering. Whatever he had injected into me was beginning to fully kick in. Breathing was becoming more and more difficult with each breath I took as my lungs felt heavier and heavier.

"What do you feel?" he asked with nothing more than scientific curiosity.

"I-I'm burning... and freezing... and dizzy... and breathing hurts..." I managed between painful breaths. It was all happening so fast.

"Burning and freezing," he repeated after me, ignoring my more serious concerns. "These are two contradicting sensations. Where are you burning and where are you freezing? Be more specific."

My worries were turning into a full-fledged panic at his lack of concern for my distress.

"My blood is burning... but my skin is freezing... I feel so cold." I rasped out painfully as the tremors in my body began intensifying.

"I'm having a serious reaction to whatever you gave me... Please... do something!" I was gasping for breath at this point, unsuccessful in my attempts at siting up due to my current paralyzed state.  

"Tell me what else you feel." his voice remained cold, detached and authoritative.

"Can I please sit up?" I half choked, half whispered.

"There is no need for you to sit up."

Apparently there was need for me to sit up, because as soon as I went into an uncontrollable coughing fit, my lungs trying desperately to pull in more air, I found myself pulled upright into a sitting position with one large cold hand supporting my back, his other hand bracing my chest to keep me from falling forward.

The hand on my back was rubbing light circles in an attempt to soothe, which shocked me more than anything.

"Describe what you are feeling." he urged again, once the coughing phase died down.

"Please. Just make this stop." I begged weakly. I could barely focus through all the pain at this point.

"I will intervene when necessary." He carefully laid me down flat on my back again, almost seeming reluctant in doing so.

God, if it wasn't necessary now, then when would it be? I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my face as the pain grew more severe. My vision was dotting.

The room grew quiet. He had stopped asking questions and was simply observing me now.

As if in answer to my pleas, darkness soon began making its appearance again.

"I'm seeing stars." I whispered, offering up this information voluntarily for some reason. I could feel myself rapidly descending into unconsciousness.

This is when I sensed his curiosity peaking into something akin to fascination.

My eyes grew too heavy to keep open, so I didn't fight them as they softly closed on their own accord.

The cold edge of a metal scalpel gently smoothed along the delicate skin beneath my right eye. Mustering all the strength I could, I was able to peak open my eyes one last time, only to be met with the most unusual sight of him studying the tear collected on top of the scalpel. I felt the briefest hint of warmth flush over me as I allowed the darkness to finally consume me.

--

This *is* a romance, I promise! Just keep in mind this isn't your typical love story (in case ya haven't noticed already 😉😁). Things will get better! You will find out why Holly is being abducted and going through all this sh*t in the next chapter, as well as learn more about unnamed alien. And other stuff. 😉 Some fluff is coming your way, too, rest assured!