Chapter 1

"Fratello, do I really have to attend this ball?" asked Feliciano Vargas as his brother tied up his cravat. "Si. Grandpa set up this ball to find us suitors. They're expecting a king and two princes." said his brother Lovino. Feliciano sighed. He always loved the idea of true love. But now he was to be married off to someone he didn't love, but to who met his grandpa's standards of a good suitor. Same went for Lovino. But no matter how much they disliked it, they knew that it was for the best of their kingdom. Lovino shoved Feliciano in front of a mirror. "See. You look good." Feliciano looked at his reflection and thought, 'Wow. This looks nothing like me'. His short hair had been curled and he had strange puffy clothes on. "Lovino this is..." A small crown was lifted and placed on his head. "There. Done." He walked over to the door across their shared room. "It starts in 20 minutes. Don't be late."

20 minutes later Feliciano came down with flattened hair and a less puffy, blue and gold shirt. Lovino wore a similar green outfit. "You flattened your hair." Feliciano smiled and pointed to a curl on the right side of his hair. "Not all of it." Lovino pointed to the left side of his hair with a smirk. "Great minds think alike I guess." They smiled amd walked down the stairs to meet up with their grandpa, also the current king. In sync they said, "King Romulus" and bowed in front of him. He smiled and pulled them into a hug. "Stop being so formal! To you I'm just Grandpa Roma!" Feliciano hugged him back. "Grandpa...." Lovino moaned as he pushed him away. He let them go and offered his elbow. They hooked arms (against Lovino's will) and went downstairs. They were announced as 'King and young princes of Italy'. Before emerging into the crowd Grandpa Roma said, "There are suitors from all around Europe. Make sure you find a nice suitor." He winked at them and disappeared into the crowd. Feliciano and Lovino looked at each other. "Well this is it." Feliciano nodded. "Yeah. From now on our fate is decided by who we dance with tonight." Lovino pat his shoulder. "Good luck Fratellino." He walked out as well. Feliciano looked out over the ballroom, his eyes meeting with a prince who had blonde, slicked backed hair and bright blue eyes. He sent him a warm smile. The prince blushed a bit and looked away. Feliciano sighed and looked down the stairs. "Here we go." He walked down into the crowd.

-------Notes--------
Fratello means brother in Italian
Cravat is a fancy puffy necktie which aristocrats often wore.
Si is Italian for 'yes'.
It was very often when aristocrats or prince/princesses were married off to others to create alliances or gain land.
This is an AU where all the characters are royalty or nobles.
Puffy clothes were the fashion in their time although Feli and Lovi don't like it.
I am referencing the Italy brothers curl.
Grandpa Rome (or King Romulus) is the current king of Italy, hoping to pass on his kingdom to one of his grandsons.
All people at the ball are from all of Europe who traveled to Italy.
The time period is about 1600-ish so Europe consists of Scotland, England, Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Poland, Lithuania, Austria, Turkey, France, Spain, Germany (HRE) and Italy.
Fratellino means little bro in Italian.
--------------------------
(A/N: Okay so this is just an idea I had for a GerIta AU. Slighty based off of Taylor Swift's song 'Love Story'. I will finish this even if no one reads it. But if you do; thank you!)