Fragile Meets Strong

Nyla's P.O.V

I am awoken by my stomach grumbling like crazy. I didn't eat at all yesterday as mother wouldn't let me leave the room for the new guest which resulted in me getting no food. I roll onto my back and wonder what the time is. I get up after 10 minutes of trying to and sneak my head out of the window and look at the clock and see it said 3 am.

Great I got up earlier then I needed to. Was I even meant to as the new guest was here and mother didn't want me to leave my room? I'm confused, I don't want to get hurt but I also don't want to be punished for not doing my jobs.

Surely nobody will catch me if I just quickly do my jobs and go back to my room? I'll do that nobody will find me, I'll be really quiet. I quickly walk downstairs and start cleaning.

Kayden P.O.V

I've been up all night on edge as my wolf has a feeling something is going to happen and if he is stressed something must be up. It's 3 am and I don't feel good at all, I turn onto my side and see my beta sleeping soundly unaware of how long I've been up for.

I try to shut my eyes and sleep and suddenly smell the scent that I smelt before in the house. I follow the scent and see that it leads to the other alpha's house. I thought I checked everyone in there? Why would my mate be in there?

I walk up to the house and walk inside and smell the scent getting stronger the further I walk into the house. I lead myself into the kitchen where I can smell the scent the most and see a small girl standing with her back to me.

It's my mate! I have finally found her! I clear my throat and she suddenly jumps and turns around and stares at me with her beautiful blue orbs. I was mind blown about how pretty she was apart from the fact that she looked extremely fragile.

We just stand there staring at each other until she gasps and runs away from me

Nyla's P.O.V

I am just silently washing the dishes from breakfast that I made when I hear someone clear their throat behind me. I silently curse to myself for not being quieter and turn around to be suddenly hit by the same scent I smelt yesterday.

I look at him and damn is he gorgeous, he has the prettiest brown eyes I have ever seen in my life. When the realisation hit me about how much trouble I could get into I quickly try to run away. I make it to the hallway when I feel a tug on my arm and tingles shoot down it. I knew it was him.

He looked at me weirdly and said: "Why are you running away from me?" I look up at him as I only reach his chest and say "I'd get into trouble if I am seen with you" I quickly rip my arm out of his soft grip and run into my room hoping he will leave me alone. And I wasn't bothered the whole morning.

Hey guys sorry for the short chapter I just really wanted to update but didn't have much time to do a normal length chapter. Thanks for reading I hope you have enjoyed it so far and thanks so much for 2.2k reads on my other book 'Everything' if you haven't read it please go check it out, it is similar to this book and is also completed

The goal of reads for this book - 100 reads

Next Chapter - TBA

Y x