Beaten to the Bone

I know it has been a little while since I have uploaded but this chapter will be worth it ;) I listened to this song non-stop while I wrote this chapter. I am addicted! Camila released her new album last night and you can trust me when I say that I have been playing in constantly. The lyrics relate to this story very well for how Kayden feels towards Nyla, but it cannot happen yet, so he dreams. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I will try to get another upload soon. Enjoyyyyyy

Nyla P.O.V

I have accepted the fact that I am going to die. I will finally be able to experience peace within my life. Kayden still had a hard grasp on my hand whilst walking me towards my Alpha's room. Little does Kayden know that he will no longer have a mate after this encounter. Kayden roughly knocks onto the door and behind it, you can hear shuffling and swearing. I hear my Alpha scream 'Whoever it is I will kill you for disrupting my time, I told my beta that I do not want to be disturbed'.

My Alpha opens his door harshly with a malicious smirk on his face which immediately vanishes once realises that it was the Alpha King. My Alpha just screamed to the Alpha King that he'd kill him, maybe I won't be the only one that will die. The Alpha King had a look of pure rage on his face that could send my Alpha six feet into the ground.

I was shaking uncontrollably just seeing the stare and I wasn't even the person that it was directed towards. My Alpha then locked eyes onto me and his smirk grew again. He yanked my arm away from the Alpha King and said 'I am so sorry Alpha that this little shit of a girl distributed your time' every time my Alpha spoke a word, his grip on my arm tightened.

I tried not to show how agonising the pain was but it was too late, the Alpha King blew. A loud fierce growl shook the entire packhouse, 'What the fuck did you just say'. I gasped and hid behind my long chestnut hair, I couldn't help but submit to the Alpha King. My Alpha gulped before replying, 'She the omega of the pack and I promise she will not bother you again'

I knew exactly what that meant, he'd kill me.

Kayden P.O.V

'SHE WAS NOT BOTHERING ME, DON'T YOU EVER IMPLY OR SAY THAT AGAIN!' I could not control the rage that was pumping through my veins. How dare he ever say that my own beautiful mat was bothering me! and to call her an omega. I want to kill him and I would have on the spot but my fragile mate was standing right beside him. What! since when was she taken away from my safe arms. I grab ahold of Nyla's hand and yelled 'Don't you ever touch her again!'.

The realisation hits the Alpha's face as he knows that Nyla is my mate. He says, 'Wow, you got a pathetic excuse of a mate'. I lost it. That comment made me lose my control and I knocked him out with one punch. I said, 'No one will ever disrespect my mate, she is mine and it perfect'.

I now think I know why my mate was covered in dirt. But I need to hear it from her so I know I am not wrong. I already know that I love her and would do anything for her safety. I calmed myself down and look towards my beautiful mate. She was shaking worse than before, why is she so scared?

Nyla P.O.V

No, no-no-no-no. The Alpha King knocked out my Alpha, he doesn't understand how bad of a beating I am going to get tomorrow by the Alpha and my whole pack. Just thinking about it is making me feel sick to my stomach.

I look down at the floor and say 'I am sorry Alpha King for being wasting your time on my pathetic self. His hand let go of mine and for some reason, I felt sad and unsafe. His hand reached out towards my face so I cover my face and shy away on instinct. That didn't seem to make him impressed, oh no he is mad at me. I do not want a punch like my Alpha got, I don't think I would recover from it. My Alpha was 120kg of muscle, I'm 35kg of bone.

Instead, he gently grabbed the left side of my face and caressed my cheek. I flinch once his hand came in contact with my face. I could not count the number of times that I've been tricked like that. I felt a tear roll down my cheek from the anxiety that I am feeling about being beaten. The Alpha King surprisingly wipes the tear away and says 'You are safe now darling'.

I still don't trust him, I've had 'friends' before that would just hang out with me and then leave me to hurt me. I cannot trust anyone. The fewer people you let in, the less pain you will feel. Well, at least that was what I thought.

This is a short chapter but I wanted to update and I kinda left the story on a cliffhanger. Comment what you think will happen next between Kayden and Nyla. Also just wanted to let you all know that my book 'Everything' reached 6.6k reads!! Yayyyy, if you are not aware of my book, it's similar to this one but it is about humans instead. It's full of romance and drama. Thank you for 430 reads on this story and can't wait to see where the next chapter goes.

Goal of reads - 500 reads

Next Chapter - by the 12th of January

Y x