1. the one about jasmine castle

april 19th 2018

HOLLYWOOD NEWS

HOW JASMINE CASTLE WENT FROM NICKELODEON SWEETHEART TO AN INTERNATIONAL POP STAR.

Jasmine Castle (23), sister to Zara Castle who portrayed Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl, was once Nickelodeon's sweetheart when she dominated the screen as Cat Valentine in Victorious

Jasmine Castle (23), sister to Zara Castle who portrayed Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl, was once Nickelodeon's sweetheart when she dominated the screen as Cat Valentine in Victorious. The show came to an end in 2013 and it seemed that Castle's acting career had come to an end. Castle was known for her unique voice when she sang in the show, and when a cover of her singing Mariah Carey went viral.

In 2014 Castle released 'The Way' with rapper Mac Miller, seemingly sparking up dating rumours. The pair dated for around 6 months before they publicly split.

Castle eventually released her debut album 'My Everything' in 2015, that immediately flew to number 1 in the billboard charts. Castle won the 'Best Album' in the People's Choice Awards and also won a Grammy for 'Best Pop Vocal album' in 2016.

When speaking in an interview about music, Castle states that she is constantly working on new music and working on new material to share with her fans. 

Castle's second album, Dangerous Woman was released in 2016. The album stayed at number 1 on the Billboard Album charts for 10 weeks. The track 'Everyday' that features Future, stayed at number 1 on the Billboard Singles chart for 20 consecutive weeks, making it Castle's most popular/bought song to date. 

Castle has collaborated with many other stars, ranging from Mac Miller to Nicki Minaj. 'Side to Side' which features Minaj, has won 6 awards for the single alone. The music video has been watched over 40 million times on YouTube! 

Mac Miller and Castle dated back in 2014 but only for a short amount of time. The pair seemed to reunite in early 2016. 

  In 2016, Time named Castle one of the 100 most influential people in the world on their annual list. 

Castle announced her world tour in summer of 2016, giving her fans plenty of time to buy tickets. Castle began her tour in New York, USA and made her way state to state. And then started the international leg of the tour Madrid,Spain. 

On May 22,2017. Jasmine Castle started her day as normal. She got up and prepared the whole day for her show in Manchester,U.K. Thousands of fans flooded the Manchester Arena for a night filled of love and music from their idol. The concert ended, and everyone made their way out of the arena. When an unfortunate tragedy struck.  A suicidal bomber detonated a bomb made up of nuts and bolts, to act as shrapnel. There was 23 deaths, and over 800 non-fatal injuries. 

The same night Castle fled back to America to seek comfort from her sister Zara Castle, Mother, Grandmother and boyfriend Mac Miller. 

The morning after the attack, Castle shared a tweet simply stating 'broken'. Her management later issued a statement explaining Castle needed time to "assess the situation and pay proper respects to those lost". Within two weeks she was back in the city.

Castle who had been criticised by members of the British press for leaving the city after the attack, was coming up with a way to help those who had been affected by the attack.

Four days after the bombing, the singer announced she was organising a benefit concert to raise money for the victims and their families and had invited several "friends and musicians" to join her.

  In a letter shared on Twitter, Castle wrote: "Our response to this violence must be to come closer together, to help each other, to love more, to sing louder and to live more kindly and generously than we did before."  

The One Love Manchester concert, as it was called, took place on June 4 with tickets selling out in less than six minutes of going on sale. Grande was joined by a plethora of stars including Take That, Miley Cyrus, Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber and Coldplay in the gig, which was broadcast live in at least 50 countries across the world.

Before taking to the stage at the Emirates Old Trafford, Grande visited fans who had been injured in hospital.  

 One Love Manchester took place the day after the terrorist attack on London Bridge under tightened security. People who had been at the original concert were eligible for free tickets and many of them faced their fears to attend. The total amount raised for the concert and subsequent live donations totalled over £17 million. Castle was crowned an 'honorary Mancunian' days after the concert.

Castle hasn't publicly been seen since July 2017, as she has been taking the time to rebuild herself and come to terms with the tragedy that happened. 

It seems that Castle is back in the spotlight as she has been teasing music on her Instagram stories and has been seen attending events with boyfriend Mac Miller.

We are so happy to see Castle back and see her smiling once again, we can only hope that she comes back with a bang this year!

RELATED STORIES

INFINITY WAR GETS EARLY RELEASE

TOM HOLLAND ON ZENDAYA DATING RUMOURS

KYAN O'BRIEN TALKS LOVE

***

this article is trash and took an hour to write skjjkjks. 

enjoy 

xox