Colors

Scene 3
___________

4:17pm, Yuta's mansion
____________________________

"Alrighty, what do you want?" Sicheng asked as he stood in front of the walk-in pantry, gazing at the large amount of food.

"Mac-n-cheese!" Rin said from his seat at the dining room table. The chandelier from the window hung over his head delicately, illuminating the room with its fragile crystals. Sicheng's eyes scanned the pantry for anything related to Mac-n-cheese. To his surprise, he caught sight of a basic Kraft box. He didn't know what he was expecting to find, but it wasn't that. In his mind, Yuta had some type of exotic chef that cooked him homemade mac-n-cheese.

Sicheng may not be an exotic chef but he was a decent cook. On days when his foster family found him too useless to feed, Sicheng would sneak down to the kitchen and make himself enough food for the week, which wasn't usually much, but at least he didn't starve.

Sicheng carefully searched the cabinets for a pot, making sure he didn't stumble across anything he didn't want to see. When he finally found one, he filled it with water from their automatic sink and placed it on the electric stove. The digital clock above the burners read 4:24 pm. Sicheng couldn't believe all that had happened in two hours and on his first day!

The water on the stove was now boiling and Sicheng dumped the raw noodles into the hot water. He set a timer on his phone for five minutes when he knew the cheese would need to be added. 

"Sichengie, look!" Rin yelled, pointing at the table. Sicheng looked where he pointed and saw stacks of coloring books on the once clean kitchen table. Rin had a large box of crayons in his hand, filled to the brim with an array of bright colors. 

"I got all of them." Rin smiled proudly.

"Thanks, cutie," Sicheng ruffled his hair and joined him at the table. He glanced through the stacks of books before finding a Ninja Turtle one. He carefully opened it, trying not to rip any pages, and found a picture of Michelangelo. Sicheng had always thought he would be a very attractive human, but sadly he was just a turtle, and he wasn't into beastiality.

Yuta has a beast.

"No, bad Sicheng," Sicheng whispered,  lightly hitting himself. Rin seemed to find this action quite comical, for he burst into a fit of giggles. Sicheng had learned that this kid had no control of his giggle box. On anyone else, Sicheng would have found it annoying, but on Rin it was extremely cute. It was nice to see someone genuinely happy in a world filled with sadness.  Sicheng didn't remember when he was Rin's age. He didn't have any childhood photos or parents he could ask, the only thing he had was his birth certificate, and his parents names were blurred out. Luckily for him, at his last foster home, he finally found a real family, with a caring older brother and an amazing mother. He still lived with Kun, actually, and the older male was helping him pay for his college. Sicheng had gotten a dance scholarship at a local college, so the tuition wasn't much.

BIGFLO's Upside Down played through his phone speakers, reminding him that he still had to finish cooking. He dropped the green crayon he had been holding and went back to the stove. The cheese packet was already sitting out so he easily dumped the contents into the water.

"Hey, Rin?"

"Yes, Sichengie?"

"Wanna try cooking?" Sicheng asked, holding out a wooden spoon for Rin to take. Rin's eyes lit up happily and he almost tripped trying to run to the spoon. Sicheng picked the toddler up and showed him how to stir the mixture. Rin was a natural stirrer. He didn't spill any of the mac-n-cheese, nor did he ever lose stamina. He was like an explosive ball of energy.

"Wow, how domestic." Sicheng jumped slightly when a pair of arms settled themselves around his waist.

"Daddy, look!" Rin yelled, shoving the spoon in Yuta's face, causing some of the cheese to drip onto his hair and outfit. Sicheng couldn't help it, he let out a loud laugh, almost dying as he watched the cheese drip down the older man's face.

Yuta smiled mischievously and took the spoon from Rin. Sicheng's eyes widened in fright.

"No, no, no." He tried to run, but that proved rather difficult with a child in his arms. He watched in horror as the cheese fell onto his sweater and dripped through his black locks.

"I'm gonna kill you."

"Daddy, you should run. He's not kidding," Rin hurriedly scrambled down from Sicheng's arms, still traumatized from being caught earlier. Yuta froze for a second before sprinting off, jumping over couches and climbing over tables. Sicheng was so close and he finally caught up when Yuta lost his footing and fell onto the couch. Sicheng didn't think much of the situation as he flopped onto his bosses lap, straddling him.

"Fine, you got me." Yuta rolled his eyes and tried to move out from under Sicheng, who was frozen in shock. Yuta had no idea why, until he felt it, too.

"Holy shit, you do need them," Sicheng mumbled, snapping out of his daze. Yuta was embarrassed, to say the least, but a cute boy was literally sitting on him, it wasn't his fault.

Rin jumped on the couch, startling both of them. He landed right on Yuta's chest, knocking the wind out of his poor father. Sicheng didn't want to move. He knew enough about kids to know that Rin would ask questions if he saw something in his Daddy's pants.

"Rin, come lay with me," Sicheng whined, slowly sliding off of Yuta's lap. The male stood, grabbing the blanket off of the couch to hide his groin. Rin didn't notice, he was too busy running his fingers through Sicheng's hair as the boy held him in his warm arms. It was very relaxing, unlike the day Sicheng had had, and he could feel his eyes slowly drifting shut.

When Yuta came back from dealing with his problem, he was greeted with possibly the cutest sight in his 22 years of living. Rin was curled up in Sicheng's arms, happily braiding his hair, while the boy was fast asleep.

"Daddy, look at Sichengie's hair!" Rin whispered, holding onto the tiny braid.

"It looks good, baby," Yuta said, joining the two on the couch. "What did you and Sicheng do today?"

Rin told him the story, from the school incident to the coloring books in the kitchen. Yuta was mildly concerned that his three year old was strong enough to break a grown man's nose.

"Do you want the mac-n-cheese now?" He asked his son, who happily nodded and removed himself from Sicheng's arms. He ran to the kitchen, almost slipping on the tile floor with his puppy socks. Yuta followed behind, but not before carefully unbraiding Sicheng's hair. He scooped him and Rin two large helpings of the mac-n-cheese and was pleasantly surprised by the taste. Of course it was just boxed mac-n-cheese, but Sicheng had done something to it that made it taste better, less cheap.

"Oh yeah, I forgot something," Rin said, not bothering to whisper anymore. "Sicheng has the same boo boos Mommy did."

Yuta almost choked to death on the mac-n-cheese he was chewing.

"Are you sure?" He asked. Rin nodded, oblivious to the real problem that Sicheng faced. "Can you show me?"

Rin nodded again and hopped down from his chair. He walked to the sleeping Sicheng and gently turned his arm over. Yuta sighed, his son was right. Faint white and red cuts lined the pale wrist of the sleeping angel. Yuta could tell from how they looked that they were relatively old, but he knew Sicheng was capable of making more.

As he watched Sicheng peacefully sleep, looking like the angel he was, he couldn't help but think,

what have you been through?