twenty six

Listen to 'Night Trouble' by 'Petit Biscuit'
[play on repeat]

Saturday 

It's been 6 days, we've had no contact.

Well...
Not directly with Charlotte, with Ellie.

There was no way in hell I was just going to leave her without checking up.

I know it's only been 6 days, but after everything with we went through, I needed to know she's been doing okay.

I really want to see her just to talk to her and just to check up with her personally.

13:49
Me: can I see her?
13:56
Ellie: she told you, when she's ready Ethan
13:56
Me: Ik but please
Me: I just want to talk to her
13:57
Ellie: I'll speak to her
13:58
Me: thanks

I didn't want to nag, although I can't help but ask.

It's almost been a week and I miss her like crazy.

After putting my phone on my bedside table, I didn't know how long she'd take to reply.

After about 10 minutes, but what felt like 40, I heard my notifications go off.

14:08
Ellie: she said fine
Ellie: she said something about the little lake idk
Ellie: 6pm sharp
14:09
Me: okay, you can count on it. thank you

I smiled to myself as I let my head fall back onto my pillow.

The lake is somewhere she told me briefly about, somewhere her and Toby would go to get some peace from their parents when they'd fight.

Charlotte's POV

I said the lake.

I'm not too sure why, but I did.

In all honesty, I think it's because I'd always gone there to think; get some peace and quiet for my thoughts.

I haven't been back there since we lost Toby and no matter how angry or upset Ethan makes me, there's no other person I'd want to go back there with.

He knows where it is, I've told him about it but not too much.

I want him to be just as taken back by it as I was the first time Toby took me there to watch the sunset.

17:50

I pull the black champion hoodie over my wavy hair, letting it fall behind me.

After carefully turning up the ends to my faded black jeans, I head down the stairs of Ellie's house to put on my vans.

"Are you leaving now?" I hear Ellie's voice from behind me.

I take a large breath in before releasing it.
"yes" I nod.

"Okay, if you need me at any point.." she walks closer to me, "just call, I'll be right there" she says pulling me into a warm hug.