twenty seven

Listen to 'Antichrist' by 'The 1975'

Charlotte's POV

"The night she was raped." He says loudly over the violent weather.

I don't know how to feel.

I feel overwhelmed with confusion if anything.

"You, you wha- how?" I ask curious to see how he explained this.

"Well it was obviously the night you stayed at mine" he begins. I knew that's when everything happened but not that he actually saw her.

"She came into that kitchen with the guys, completely wasted" I feel my breath hitch at the shear thought of it.

"I told them to leave, Ellie included.." he stands there and shakes his head. "I didn't know they'd truly be capable of such things. And now I have to spend everyday feeling guilty and responsible for what happened" he says as his eyes water.

"You didn't know that was going to happen, you can't blame yourself" I say trying to comfort him.

"But it was and I could've stopped it" he just looks down.

"I don't think it was your fault" I say quietly, barely audible over the crashing rain.

And with that Ethan looks up, takes a swift look at my lips and his body comes crashing into mine. He pulls me as close to him as possible by the waist, as our lips connect perfectly.

It's like this fire ignites inside of me when he touches me let alone when he's around. Our lips move in sync, sending a rush of energy through every ounce of my body. The thunder rumbles and lighting strikes the sky, like it's using our power to light the dull clouds.

We gently pull away from each other and it feels like all my emotions gush out of my body at once. His touch holds me together; he overpowers the numb emotion that drowns me. It's not just a loss of contact when he lets go, it's like I'm back to drained and lifeless.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks interrupting my thoughts. 

"Yeah, I'm fine" I nod.

"Why don't you stay at my place now
...
pleaseeee?" He asks raising his eyebrows, pouting like a little kid.

"I'd like that" i flash a small smile before he engulfs me in a large embrace, lifting me up slightly.

I laugh before he places me down.

Clarity was needed and I'm relieved.

I can begin to trust him again.

21:07

We'd moved all my things from Ellie's house into Ethan's.

I'd thanked El's parents for taking such good care of me and reassured them I'd be okay; along with Ellie.

I was apprehensive as to what Ethans parents would think but he just reminded me they'd be gone for at least another month.

"Last two boxes" Ethan says interrupting my thoughts.

"Where do you want them?" Grayson asks.

I was still unsure about being around Grayson, but I trust he's learning his lesson.

"Just over there" I say pointing to the corner of Ethan's room.

I offered to go in the spare room but Ethan insisted I share with him in the 'nicest room' (so he claims); he's more than happy.

It felt welcoming and comforting having him back like this.

Although I'm slightly scared I'm relying on him too much for my happiness.

M,

<3