Miles away from the World

The embers of the campfire was trying hard to rekindle itself when Stephen looked around his friends and spoke in a low voice "So, this story is about an old woman who-"

Three people in their late teens looked at him wide eyed while one of them frowned

"Do you really have to tell us a lot of scary stories?"

Stephen: "Dec, dont break the thread "

Dec glared at him while the boy next to Dec put his arm around Dec and held him close.
Dec turns to him puppy eyed "Anth.. tell him, I don't want to hear these things"

Ant: "Stephen...maybe you should"

The boy on the other side of Stephen smirked "Dec says.....!!"

Ant: "Shut up David"

David: "Why Dec? You usually don't have a problem with it!"

Dec: "Well, usually we are not out camping away from the rest of humanity in a really creepy supposedly haunted area"

Ant: "Those are stories Declan!"

Dec look at him in hurt, as he felt Ant as if Ant has switched sides.

Stephen sighs "Dec, just close your ears will you? We are not pussies like you!"

Ant: "Watch it Stephen!! says someone who couldn't even look at Emma in her eyes let alone ask her out"

Stephen turns bright red while Dec giggles. Suddenly they hear a hoot of an owl and Dec involuntarily move closer to Ant
"Maybe we should enter our tent?"

Stephen: "Dec.. you are a killjoy pal.. "

David: "We can talk from the tent can't we? And Dec can sleep in the bag while you tell us the story"

The three friends look at Dec hopefully and Dec nods.

The tent was fairly big enough to fit four sleeping bags and four backpacks. Dec makes himself small in a corner, while the others sit around in the middle of the tent as Stephen continued the story. Dec tries to block his voice as imaginations takes hold of him. He risks a look at the three dark figures before him and see Ant's head turning to his side repeatedly. He smile at Ant's protective nature and next time Ant looks at him, he puts his tongue out. Ant giggles at that which prompts others to look at him in wonder

Stephen gulps "Its not funny Ant.. the boys who had disappeared never came back"

David: "Actually Stephen, the word disappeared itself-"

Ant: "Shut up guys, let's get sleeping shall we?"

Ant again look at Dec who was now fast alseep and sighs in relief
Sleep well kiddo, you will be alright here

Dec woke up to some odd noises and open his eyes to see the sleeping bags of his friends empty. He frown and slowly sit up but shivers and cold creeps in. He hear the hoot of an owl and a shadow of a woman is seen outside his tent. He gasp and choke out "Who..who is there?"

He feels as if someone was choking him and crunching his eyes tight close, call for Ant "Anth... where are you.. Stephen....David... Anth..... "

The shadow become a shade and enters to the tent and slowly..... come near him...

Suddenly he wake up in his sleeping bag and his heart skip a beat. It was a dream. He close his eyes and take a deep breath in relief and try to control his speeding heart. As he turns around to his friends, his heart again speed up as he finds their bags empty. He look around to see their backpacks in place but there were no sign of his friends.He spiked his ears, hoping to hear them outside but that too was of no use.He become aware of something moving outside their tent and see a shadow through the corner of his eyes .He gulp at that "Anth... Stephen..Dave... guys, you there? its not.. its not funny...I am worried guys... Anth.. Anthony..."