Ch.14

¤Daniel's P.O.V¤

My eyes fly open just when I feel the pressure of his lips on mine, but they close again soon enough when I start kissing him back.

Moving my lips against his feels like heaven, only it doesn't last long enough.

"You were awake this whole time, weren't you?" Corbyn asked as he disconnected out lips. His forehead resting against mine.

I nodded sheepishly.

"And you heard everything?" I know from the tone in his voice had, he would be blushing.

"Yes." I answer. I feel Corbyn is about to stand up, but I wrap my arms around him before he could. "Don't leave." I begged him almost desperately.

And he didn't. He stays in my arms.

"I heard everything you said, and I'm glade I did. Now I know that I don't have to be afraid to say I love you too." A small smile forms on my fave when Corbyn looks up at me through his eye lashes.

"Y-you do?" He asked whispering.

"Yes, Corbyn. I'm in love with you." I say almost promising.

That's when he slowly starts to lean in again. His lips touch mine for the second time today and I couldn't be happier.

I immediately start to move my lips against his. Not the hungry kind of kissing, but the slow and caring kind.

We continue for a few more minutes before we both pull apart.

"That was amazing." I whisper out looking at Corbyn with a smile. His lips look a bit swollen.

"Yeah, it was." He agrees. Then he pushes me softly, gesturing that I should make space on the bed. I do and my smile gets even wider when Corbyn lays down right next to me under the blanket.

"I'm glad I chose this house to live in." I whisper while I cuddle into his side. My arm wraps around his waist while his arms sneak around me, and even though he isn't warm, it still gave me a warm feeling.

Corbyn laughs. "Me too." He whispers then and the room falls into a comfortable silence. My eyes then start to close slowly.

"Why did you actually move out of your parents house at this young age?" Corbyn then asked, breaking the silence and making my eyes snap open completely again.

The question makes me frown when I think of why I'm here.

"It's okay, you don't have to answer that."

"No, no, I want to tell you." I said quickly. "Its just a long story."

"Well, I'm comfortable." Corbynsaid and shifts a bit under me. " I'm ready."

I smile at him and starts telling him the short version of my story.

"I actually moved because of my dad, even though he doesn't even know it's really his fault."

I stare out of my window, to the treesin the distance.

"It started when I was 14 years old. It was almost my 15th birthday when he slapped me. He hit me in the face and I swear that is when I lost all respect for that man. It was the first time he had did it and luckily also the last time, but still...... it made me realize what kind of an violent person he actually is. If I didn't watch out, be wouldn't be afraid to to do it once again. Ever since  from that day, I started to notice how he actually behaves towards my family and me. Disrespectful. He always yelled when we did as much as make a little mistake. We did everything wrong. We were lazy for him, he called us horrible names you would hear the bullies say in school, maybe even worse.

The only time he payed attentionto me is when I brought home good grades from school, and when I did the most I could expect from him was a pat on my shoulder. I never even got a hug. No, that's not true. I got hugs until I reached the age of 6. After that, I now see, he lost interest in me. From the moment I started to learn things myself. Even my mother got it hard, only she did always what he said. She was like some type of slave. Always doing what he says, just letting him yell at her and call her names without doing as much as flinching.

There were days I just wanted to get her the papers to divorce, but every time I asked her why she still was with him, she told me the same thing over again. ' He's a good person who cares about us.' Lies. I know that, I just don't understand why she doesn't see him like the way I do.

Also, I was never god enough for him. When I got the highest grades in class, it wasn't good enough. When I finally made some friends, they weren't good enough. He didn't even believe me.  And I always looked like a nerd to him. 'When areyou go8ng to wear descent clothes?', ' when will you stop wearing your hair like that, it's ugly that way.' It actually hurt. Then you had the times when he actually was happy. Then he was always joking about one of us, making hurtful comments and laugh with us. He used to tell through the whole house what a fat cow my mother was, then laugh loudly. Or what kind of screw up I had been the day before and laugh at it.

From the moment I started to realize how disrespectful he was acting towards us, I started to fight with him more. Quarrels I always lost. He always had to be right. I was always wrong. My mother always told me to just leave it and she chose sides with my father. I never heard him apologize either. I was always the one to do it. Me or someone else, but never ever him. He couldn't make mistakes either. Or not in his eyes.

From the moment he slapped me, I swore I would get away from my dad as fast as possible. So, here I am." I finish my story and look up at Corbyn.

"I'm so sorry, Daniel." He whispers, but I shrug.

"It's okay. I go used to it." I said with a small smile and peck his lips. It's great to be able to do that.

The moment is ruined when I start to choke on my own spit. I'm shaking with coughs and I can't seem to get out of it. Corbyn patting my back isn't even helping. We sat up when I started to cough.

"I'll get you some water." Corbyn yells while he's already halfway to the door to go get me water.

My coughing didn't stop,  but then I feel somethingrunning in my mouth. It splatters a bit on my hand due to the coughing and when I look at it, I see it's a red liquid.

My eyes go wide. No way, there's nothing wrong with me. Or not last time I checked.

Then I finally stop the coughing. Corbyn still isn't back and I wipe the blood off on my pants. I'll change them tomorrow.

When I turn my head to the door again, something else catches my eye. It's more blood, this time running down the walls in a big amount.

"Corbyn! Stop this! It isn't funny!" I yelled annoyed. I thought we were over the scaring each other part.

"What do you mean?" Corbyn asked when he re-enters my room with a glass of water in his hand.

"Wait... you're not doing that?" I asked a bit scared now when I point at the wall.

The glass shattering on the floor tells me that this indeed, isn't Corbyn's work.

______________________

New update!!! Bc y not
;)

Who do you think is doing that!?!?

What do u guys think ab a mermaid book or is it merman?