.One.

AN: I'm not a really good writer, and this is my second go at this novel, so I would really appreciate it if any reader leaves a comment on what you like/dislike about my writting. Thank you

The first time I met Chief Raudette was during the summer break. I pulled the last straw back in St. Pete's home for adolescents. It wasn't a big deal really. I like to play by Robin Hood's rules, but I'm no saint. Priest Charoll wanted me out the minute I tried to expose him of stealing from the well fare tax funds. It wasn't a shocker. I've seen him do it before so why not to me?   

Few weeks later my name was up on the SNH list ( Seeking New Home). It was only a matter of days, and they already received a letter from a foster family. Raudette isn't what you'd call a family but he would do. I didn't have a bunch of friends and no one I was emotionally attached to, so nothing to loose from my side, on the other hand the organization will be loosing a charming female genius, but that's their loss, not my prob. 

Raudette gave me the chills, he had a stern gaze and forest like mustache which assassinated any hints of a smile. His tan skin was worn out but nevertheless he was broadly built. I'm guessing he's in his late thirties to early fourties. We couldn't pass as father and daughter, since my jet black hair bounced off my shoulders and the washed out emerald in my eyes stood out against my tan skin and my figure wasn't too thin nor tall. Not to toot my own horn, but I could be considered a bit above average to 'pretty'. Overall nothing that carried the genes of macho papa Raudete. 

 He glanced at my luggage before signing the papers and marched over to pick up my suitcase.    I gave a quick wave to my dorm and followed him to the car park. On the way 'home', Roudette asked me if I was treated well back at the care house and if I was going to be comfortable livingwith a single dad. I limited my conversation skills, as it had been ages since I had a parental figure around. He seemed pleased with my reply and decided to make a little introduction to his job. Supposedly he was the head of VIC police department which explained the stern looks and expressionless face.   

It wasn't till we passed the old library that I realized, I was actually sitting in a comfy Panemera Porsche, and he pulled up in front of a double story house which looked like a mansion. Yes! I hit the jack pot. Credit for priest dick head and score for me. He motioned for me to get out so I stepped onto a neatly mowed lawn and Raudette was already at the door. The house was nice and neat, furnished with expensive looking furniture and ornaments. He showed me up to my room, and clearly he was clueless on fostering a seventeen year old because the room was puked with pink. A smile snuck in, just thinking about the effort the old pops put in.

 Roudette awkwardly rubbed his mustache and said  " Well, I tried ". 

I thanked him with the most sincere smile, which I think he bought and he left me to unpack my things. The connected bathroom was huge, almost the size of my room which was also massive. I felt so small in the room and vowed to myself that I'd change the layout. 

Weeks passed and I cut down on referring to him as 'Roudette' since it became my surname too, and instead called him by his first name, Joseph. He was mostly at work but still managed to spend time with me. Overall Jo is a good guy, and the fact that I never had a dad made it easier to accept him. We hardly got into arguments since I wasn't your typical spoiled teen having hormonal issues. To be frank, I was pretty old-school, which complimented his parenting too. I didn't own or want a cell phone and my wardrobe was really decent. mostly little above knee skirts with shirts, jumpers and stockings. I wasn't a fan of tight, slutty clothes. I let Jo choose the stores I bought my clothes from because most of them were branded, which I had no problem with.   

Months later me and Jo were really close almost like father and daughter you could say, but he still had that stern solemn look, like a mask that hid a sad past. Either way I wasn't interested in finding out. I was enrolled into a private Grammar school, considering that my grades were commendatory. I made little friends during my short time there, since summer break started  after two weeks on my arrival. My personality is quite queer and only the intelligent and open minded people can understand me, and sadly, that rating of human existence is very scarce.