The Victim

I can never erase that image from my mind.

When Kiyotaka Ishimaru was found guilty of murdering Chihiro Fujisaki.

His face... His tears... His blood...

His execution was kept short and sweet, and that's what made it hurt the most for me.

For me, Mondo Oowada, his best friend.

In all honesty, I never thought that Taka could do anything like that. I was so confused as to why he did it. To protect his secret.

His grandfather, the former prime minister of Japan, had pulled a scam and was forced to step down.

I still didn't understand. He acted like there was a stick up his ass every now and again, but the real reason he acted that way was because of his grandfather? I had heard about how the scam costed the guy's family money they barely had, but to think it was my best friend who had to deal with something like that. I felt awful for him and his family. What they had to go through seemed unfair, that his grandfather should've been the only one paying for such mistakes, how he shamed his family and my friend.

To protect that secret was understandable, but not enough reason to kill someone. Just the look on Taka's face made me want to take his place, and I tried. But Monokuma or the others wouldn't listen.

He was the victim of a brutal death game, just like all of us. That's what I thought. What we all thought.