Pride

Taka said no more about the subject, simply changing it. "Why don't I propose a deal?"

This caught everyone's attention but mine. I was too busy on my knees sobbing.

"What kind of a deal?" Kirigiri asked, her voice skeptical.

Taka caught the doubt in her voice, only grinning. "Why, a real simple task, really with you here, Kirigiri. You just have to find out what's going on in this school," He chuckled, Monokuma 'Upupupu'ing along with him.

"What's going on? What do you mean by that?" Naegi said nervously, receiving a confused look from Taka.

"Do I really need to explain it? Or should I just drop a nuclear bomb of a hint..." He contemplated over his choices for a moment, a grin appearing on his face. "I think having you do it without an explanation will be more fun," he decided, casting a sadistic look over his peers.

That's when the monitors above us flashed on, making me look up. The sight it showed was soon regretted.

The world was in disrepair. The sky was stained a horrible crimson, building's going up in flames. Monokuma's marched the destroyed streets, attacking civilians and spreading despair like a virus wherever they went.

It was a sight to behold true hopelessness.

Many of us were in absolute shock and horror.

Taka merely laughed.

"Isn't it beautiful? True despair at its finest!" He cackled, now standing. Monokuma has fallen to the floor and was struggling to get up.

"H-how could you... How could you do such a thing!?" Asahina screamed, tears streaming down her face.

Taka seemed almost confused at the outburst. He was met by another objection from Togami. "What the hell have you done to the world?!"

"Uwahhhh?! What the literal hell!? It looks like the apocalypse out there!" screamed Hagakure.

Naegi and Kirigiri remained silent, either too shocked or in too deep of thought to comment. Fukawa had fallen unconscious.

It took Taka a moment to respond. When he did, it began as a chuckle. It steadily grew into a laugh, then into a cackle. Soon, the room was filled with his frightening howl, everyone unsure of how to react to this.

"Don't you see..." He finally said, between his laughs. "I want to drench the world in a despair so horrible, that when I save them all, the people will worship me as though I were a god! I am my grandfathers redemption, and I will soon control all the people that brought my grandfather to his death!"

"Don't you know anything about family pride?!"