Lovesick

I didn't believe it.

I had hundreds of different feelings coursing through my head, my heart wanted to burst with happiness and fear. He was alive, but he was accused of being the mastermind of this hell. This hell on Earth orchestrated by an angel. My angel at that.

"Oh, why so shocked? You really must be more trustworthy in you're comrade Kirigiri here. She figured it out. It's time you did, too," He laughed, Monokuma bouncing on his masters lap happily, like this despair was overloading the little piece of shit's system.

"Shocked?! You call this shock?! I'm furious!" I screamed, tears beginning to prick my eyes painfully. Why did it have to be him?!

Ishimaru gave me a piteous look, red eyes softening for a moment, just for me. But then he returned with his cold grin. "Mondo, you had to of seen this coming. Something like this, at least," he cooed, making color rise on my cheeks in anger and anguish.

Before I could retort back a string of profanities, Makoto stepped in. "Stop, Oowada! This won't solve anything. For now, we just have to get through this," he said, eyes hard with determination.

Kiri nodded, eyes narrow with thought. "It only would make sense. Junko was a prime suspect, as well as Mukuro. But you diverted the evidence intentionally, didn't you?" She asked the Ultimate Moral Compass - Now Ultimate Despair.

Ishimaru chuckled. "That's correct! Seeing how you seemed to look into the details, I took the time and effort to redirect your attention, Kirigiri. Seems like my efforts were for naught," He said, making a mock sad face.

"Why would you do such a thing? Why trap us here? Aren't we your friends?" Aoi asked, tears in her eyes.

"You set this all up!? Are you crazy?! This is even more insane than my alien encounter!" Yasuhiro yelled.

"If my theory is correct, and based on what Monokuma has said, you want our despair, correct? Why is despair so utterly satisfying to you?" Togami demanded.

Fukawa had passed out, and Genocider Syo was spinning her scissors wildly. "I like this psycho! But you really gotta put more thought into how you execute your victims! Some of 'em are great, don't get me wrong, but really, get creative!" She laughed, pointing a pair of scissors at Ishimaru. In actuality, she was probably just looking for a reason to speak. All the executions were both insanely creative and extreme.

I had nothing to say. I was staring at the ground. My own best friend had been the one to trap all of us in this hell hole.

The one that I had fallen for was the angel of death and despair.