Chapter 2 - Unexpected

Gwen whines in protest in the back of her throat against his lips, trying to push him away with her hands against his hard, broad chest, but he doesn't budge, he's as solid as stone. And then something happens, as his tongue pushes into her mouth, she forgets that's he's an intruder, she forgets that he could be dangerous, that she's afraid of him and she finds herself closing her eyes and kissing him back, months of loneliness and unmet desire rushing to the surface.

Her lips part, opening up to him like a budding flower, his hot silky tongue caressing and claiming hers. He tastes good – better than good – he tastes divine, and foreign, like his mouth comes from a different exotic land, that's rich with spices and herbs. And there's something else about him, about the way he cups her chin, the way his lips move passionately against hers: it's familiar, Gwen getting the strangest feeling like she's kissed him before, and she wants more of it, more of him. Her hands inadvertently scrunch into fists around his shirt, drawing him closer, needing to feel his strong male body against her soft female one.

"Oh Gwen..." He breathes appreciatively against her lips. "I've missed you so much." But it's these words that break the spell for Gwen, her eyes snapping open, as she tears her lips from his. He opens his eyes too, his expression revealing his surprise by her abrupt severing from him.

She's shocked with herself. What came over me? How can I kiss a man like him? He had his hand over my mouth and pressed against the door not so long ago. And now I'm kissing him!

"What's wrong?" He asks, his face so close to hers it's unnerving.

"I-I think you should go." She stammers, trying to pull herself away from him, to create some appropriate distance between them, but he remains on top of her.

"Why?" He inquires earnestly, his intense blue eyes serious and questioning as they stare into hers. Gwen has to think about that for a moment.

"Because I don't know you. You broke into my apartment, held me against my will, and then assaulted me by kissing me." She explains heatedly, feeling repressed anger rise in her, no longer fearing how he'll react.

"I recall you kissing me back." He smirks.

She ignores his comment. "Could you please get off me?" She requests, going for a polite tone but only sounding terse, as she still struggles to get free from under him like a beetle squirming on its back.

"Fine, fine. I'll leave." He mutters, still smirking as he removes himself from her. She pulls herself up and scoots away from him as a protective measure in case he decides to lunge himself at her again.

"You will?" She's incredulous. It can't be that easy? This whole time all she had to do to get him to leave was ask?

She mentally kicks herself.

"Unless you want me to stay?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Uh, no." She quickly replies.

It's strange, she hardly feels threatened by him at all now. He's changed too, his mood playful, flirtatious even, or maybe he was always like that, but their brief mindless moment of intimacy tore down the wall of fear she had towards him.

But it's wrong, all of this is wrong. She thinks, angry with herself now. This isn't how this was meant to be, she isn't meant to kiss her intruder! She should be trying to call the police. It makes her wonder, is she really that horny she's willing to kiss any man, even a criminal?

He stands, smoothening out his dark blue long-sleeve shirt, the material crinkled over the chest from where Gwen was grabbing it. She blushes as his amused eyes look from the shirt to her.